- 8 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Yamaha Motors India has discontinued the R15S and the Fazer 150 in the country. The Japanese motorcycle company has stopped production of the two motorcycles while dealerships have stopped sales as well.
The Yamaha Fazer 150 has also been removed from the official brand website, however the R15S continues to be listed. Financial Express reports that both motorcycles have been discontinued temporarily, with a replacement coming soon.
Yamaha failed to update both the motorcycles with ABS, which was mandated from the 1st of April. Hence, there has been no sales of either of the two products in the last couple of months.
The Yamaha R15S was introduced in India as a more practical variant of the R15 in the Indian market. The R15S came with all the updates as on the R15 V2.0, yet carried forward the more practical and comfortable design from the first-generation model. This included the updated delta-box frame and the single-seat setup.
The Yamaha Fazer 150, on the other hand, was a semi-faired motorcycle offering from the brand. It was based on the more popular FZ variant from Yamaha. Both the R15S and the Fazer come powered by the same 149cc single-cylinder engine producing 16bhp and 15Nm of torque on the R15S and 13bhp and 12Nm of torque on the Fazer 150. Both came mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Comparing the R15S to the current generation R15 V3.0; the new motorcycle is powered by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine churning out 19.3bhp and 14.7Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Both the discontinued motorcycles had been facing low sales for quite a while now. Both featured old engines, no significant updates and a rather outdated design. Yamaha has already introduced the Fazer-25 and the FZ-25 in the Indian market. While the 150cc segment saw the introduction of the MT-15 recently.
There is no confirmation currently regarding any plans from Yamaha regarding any update on the two motorcycles. If Yamaha does launch an updated version, the new R15S and the Fazer will benefit from a number of new updates while also receiving a ton of new equipment.
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15S And Fazer 150 Discontinuation
The Yamaha R15S and Fazer 150 discontinuation is mainly due to the low sales and the lack of updates it received. The company sold little to no unit of both the motorcycle in the Indian market, only making it easy to discontinue the models altogether. It will be interesting to see if and when Yamaha will bring any replacements to the two products.