- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Yamaha Motors has hiked prices of its R15 V3.0 model in the Indian market. The Yamaha R15 V3.0 has received a price hike of Rs 600 on its standard and Darknight edition models. The motorcycle now comes with a starting price of Rs 1,40,880, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The price hike is for just the standard and top-spec Darknight edition models of the Yamaha R15. The Yamaha R15 Darknight edition is now priced at Rs 1,42,880.
The MotoGP edition of the motorcycle, however, doesn't receive any changes to its prices. It continues to be offered with a price tag of Rs 1,42,780. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The company hasn't revealed the exact reason for the hike in prices. However, the hike, although marginal does come at a time when other manufacturers are offering heavy discounts and benefits in the market.
The Yamaha R15 is one of the most popular models from the brand in the Indian market. The R15 is currently in its third-generation iteration, which has been updated over the years since its first launch in India, a few years ago.
Apart from the additional prices on the standard and Darknight edition, the Yamaha R15 remains unchanged in all other aspects. It carries forward the same 155cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 19bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle uses a deltabox frame with telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set-up at the rear. Braking is handled by a 282mm disc upfront and 220mm disc at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Yamaha R15 V3.0 comes with 17-inch wheels. They are wrapped in MRF Nylogrip Zappers with 100/80 and 140/70 tyre profiles.
The Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 in India is offered in a range of four colour options: Thunder Grey, Racing Blue, Darknight & MotoGP livery.
Thoughts On The Yamaha R15 V3.0 Price Hike
Yamaha hasn't specified any particular reason for the hike in prices. Although, the increase is just marginal, which shouldn't make much of a difference to a customer. The Yamaha R15 rivals the likes of the KTM RC125, Suzuki Gixxer 155 SF and the Bajaj Pulsar RS200.