- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exports To Latin America, Africa & Asia Begins
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift Brochure Leaked: Will Arrive In Four Trims, Nine Colours
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Sales Milestone: Company Registers Over 5 Lakh Units In Collective Sales Of BS6 Units
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Electric Maxi Scooter To Debut At Auto Expo 2020: Details
- Finance Best 5 Tax Saving Options With Good Return For Risk-Averse Investors
- News US diplomat urges India to release Kashmiri leaders detained without charge
- Technology Why You Should Choose An SSD To Amplify Performance Of Your Gaming Computer
- Movies Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D First Day Box Office Collection
- Sports Tough tasks await Barcelona and Real Madrid in derbi-packed La Liga weekend
- Lifestyle 12 Gestures Through Which You could Express Love For Your Partner
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Yamaha is doing everything they can to boost sales of the Yamaha MT-15 motorcycle. The MT15 which is a street fighter variant of the Yamaha R15, was launched recently in the Indian markets. The company is now offering a complement helmet or an MT branded riding jacket with every MT-15 sold in the country.
Yamaha says they have already retailed about 9,000 units of the MT-15 model during the first two months after launch. To boost sales, Yamaha ha announced that buyers will receive a MT branded complementary riding jacket or complementary helmet when they purchase a new MT-15.
In addition, existing owners will also be eligible to chose between the two. It is said that dealerships will contact all buyers and inform them about the offer. Yamaha says they are offering this accessory campaign to promote MT riding culture in India.
Yamaha's website tells us that this offer will run till they exhaust a total number of 10,000 rifing jackets.
The Yamaha MT-15 features a 155cc single cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 19bhp of power @ 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque @ 8,500rpm. The engine come mated to 6-speed manual transmission.
Key features of the Yamaha MT-15 include single channel ABS, LED headlights, a fully digital instrument console, and fuel injection. The motorcycle retails for Rs 1.36 lakh ex-showroom (India), and is available in Matte Grey, Black Metallic, and Matte Blue.
Thoughts About The Offer On The MT-15
Brilliant thought. Yamaha shows that it is putting safety first, and that they care about their customers. Offering a complementary helmet or jacket is one of the best things we've heard a motorcycle manufacturer do.
We think it is a matter of time before two wheeler manufacturers like Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki start basic riding lessons, and safety lessons for people who buy their brands. With Yamaha now concentrating only on the premium class of motorcycles in the country, doling out complementary riding gear is possibly the first step in bigger safety management protocols for the company. Yamaha have initiated a great concept, and we hope it sticks for the future to come.