- 5 hrs ago Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Hyundai Registers 12,583 Units Of Sales After Resuming Operations
- 8 hrs ago MOTOFARM Dirt Track Facility Opens In Bangalore: New Course For Some Slideways Action
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Worries About Migrant Workers When Someone Asks Him If He Is Ok During Lockdown
- Sports Proteas may resume training from next week if they get govt approval: Report
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Lifestyle Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Yamaha Motor India is readying the launch of their latest naked sports motorcycle, the Yamaha MT-15. As per reports, the launch is scheduled for March 15, 2019. Bookings for the upcoming Yamaha MT-15 have also started for an amount of Rs 5000 and deliveries should commence by April first week.
Now, India Today has shared some spy pics of the Yamaha MT-15 that show the motorcycle in a near-production format. The spy images of not one, but two of the Yamaha MT-15 models were captured in Greater Noida.
Thanks to the good shots, this is by far one of the clearest images of the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 that have hit the internet. However, being a test mule, some of the design details are quite different from what they are in the production version (especially the headlight, paint scheme, exhaust, etc.).
The new Yamaha MT-15 is basically the naked version of the popular YZF-R15 V3.0. It will be the sportiest and most capable option in the 150-160cc segment in India; currently dominated by motorcycles having more commuter character. The motorcycle is already available in various Asian countries, but the Indian version is toned down a bit to keep the prices in check.
For instance, the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 sports a higher-set handlebar and rear foot pegs. Other body elements are almost identical to the Yamaha YZF-R15. The new MT-15 gets a full-LED headlamp, digital instrument console, dual-channel ABS and more.
The 155cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected single-cylinder engine of the Yamaha MT-15 makes 19.3bhp at 10,000rpm and 15Nm of torque at 8500rpm. This is mated to a six-speed transmission via a slipper clutch. As mentioned before, the Yamaha MT-15 will be the best-performing 150-160cc naked motorcycle you can buy.
Sources also reveal that the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 will come in only four colours: Blue, Black, Grey-Black and Blue/Black. Expected prices are in the range of Rs 1.20-1.40 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi); a bit high compared to conventional 150-160cc motorcycles, but justifiable for its output.
Thoughts On The New Yamaha MT-15
Indian motorcycle enthusiasts have been waiting for a naked version of the Yamaha YZF-R15 ever since the faired version came to the market back in 2008. Even though Yamaha India retails the FZ series in the 150cc category, its performance and dynamics cannot match with that of the R15. The new Yamaha MT-15 will do this just fine. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.