- 1 hr ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 4 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 4 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 6 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Rajasthan BJP chief Madan Lal Saini passes away at 75 in Delhi's AIIMS
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Andre Russell ruled out for the rest of the tournament due to injury
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha Motor India is readying the launch of their latest naked sports motorcycle, the Yamaha MT-15. As per reports, the launch is scheduled for March 15, 2019. Bookings for the upcoming Yamaha MT-15 have also started for an amount of Rs 5000 and deliveries should commence by April first week.
Now, India Today has shared some spy pics of the Yamaha MT-15 that show the motorcycle in a near-production format. The spy images of not one, but two of the Yamaha MT-15 models were captured in Greater Noida.
Thanks to the good shots, this is by far one of the clearest images of the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 that have hit the internet. However, being a test mule, some of the design details are quite different from what they are in the production version (especially the headlight, paint scheme, exhaust, etc.).
The new Yamaha MT-15 is basically the naked version of the popular YZF-R15 V3.0. It will be the sportiest and most capable option in the 150-160cc segment in India; currently dominated by motorcycles having more commuter character. The motorcycle is already available in various Asian countries, but the Indian version is toned down a bit to keep the prices in check.
For instance, the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 sports a higher-set handlebar and rear foot pegs. Other body elements are almost identical to the Yamaha YZF-R15. The new MT-15 gets a full-LED headlamp, digital instrument console, dual-channel ABS and more.
The 155cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected single-cylinder engine of the Yamaha MT-15 makes 19.3bhp at 10,000rpm and 15Nm of torque at 8500rpm. This is mated to a six-speed transmission via a slipper clutch. As mentioned before, the Yamaha MT-15 will be the best-performing 150-160cc naked motorcycle you can buy.
Sources also reveal that the India-spec Yamaha MT-15 will come in only four colours: Blue, Black, Grey-Black and Blue/Black. Expected prices are in the range of Rs 1.20-1.40 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi); a bit high compared to conventional 150-160cc motorcycles, but justifiable for its output.
Thoughts On The New Yamaha MT-15
Indian motorcycle enthusiasts have been waiting for a naked version of the Yamaha YZF-R15 ever since the faired version came to the market back in 2008. Even though Yamaha India retails the FZ series in the 150cc category, its performance and dynamics cannot match with that of the R15. The new Yamaha MT-15 will do this just fine. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.