- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Offering Discounts Up To Rs 1 Lakh – XUV300, Thar, Bolero & More
- 7 hrs ago Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two-Wheeler Manufacturer In India – Hero Sales Plummet
- 8 hrs ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 10 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- Sports Fan of Aamir Khan's movie PK, Mohammadreza Shadloui Chiyaneh wants to be best defender in PKL history
- News President approves new design for Indian Navy Crest
- Movies Anushka Sharma's Viral Cameo In Qala Faces Criticism; Fans Say She 'Sadly She couldn't Pull This Off!'
- Finance Buy This Multibagger PSU-Miniratna Metal Stock, Target Price Rs 285: ICICI Direct
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
- Education MBA student bags a 50-lakh package with Microsoft
- Lifestyle Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
- Technology Vivo Y02 Launched In India: Can It Be A Good Budget Device In India?
Yamaha MT-15 sales in India has achieved a new milestone crossing 15,000 units within the first six months of its launch. The Yamaha MT-15 went on sale in the Indian market in March earlier this year. Since its launch, the company has registered 15,298 units of sales in India.
The Yamaha MT-15 is the latest entrant to the Japanese brand's product lineup in the Indian market. The naked streetfighter offering went on sale in March 2019 with a price tag of Rs 1.36 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The motorcycle was received extremely well in the Indian market, registering over 5000 units of sales within the first month of launch. However, with the slowdown in the auto industry, sales of the Yamaha MT-15 has also declined in the past couple of months.
The Yamaha MT-15 comes with design inspiration from its elder sibling, the MT-09. The motorcycles also debut's the ‘MT' series in the Indian market. The Yamaha MT-15 comes powered by the same 155cc single-cylinder liquid cooled engine which also powers the brand's R15 V3.0.
The engine produces 19.1bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm. It is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, along with VVA (Variable Valve Actuation). The motorcycle also comes with assist and slipper clutch as well.
Yamaha has already announced that the company is working on updating its entire product lineup to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020. The company is planning to introduce the BS-VI versions of its products starting from November this year.
In terms of features, the Yamaha MT-15 comes with a host of equipment. This includes bi-functional LED headlamps, digital instrument cluster, LCD display, short rising tail, radiator side fins and front winglets.
The motorcycle misses out on inverted front forks, seen on the international-spec versions. Instead, the India-spec MT-15 comes with conventional telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15 Sales
The Yamaha MT-15 is a popular offering in the Indian 150cc segment. The motorcycle comes with an aggressive design, offering an extremely sporty and muscular look. The Yamaha MT-15 rivals the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS200, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Suzuki Gixxer 155 and the KTM 125 Duke as well.