- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- News Odisha jobs: Check official notification for 128 Post Graduate Teacher vacancies
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Yamaha MT-15 has been introduced with three new colours for the Indian market. In less than three months after the launch of the Yamaha MT-15, the company has decided to launch the motorcycle in three new colours.
The motorcycles in the new colours have started arriving at dealerships and b4choose has posted images of them. Yamaha launched the MT-15 in the Indian market on 15 March, 2019. Though it was on sale in international markets for a long time before that, the Indian market didn't get it until earlier this year.
Even after it was launched here, Indian buyers felt short changed and almost left out since several features that were available in international markets did not make it to the Indian model. The bike on sale in various foreign markets came with an upside down fork up front but we got a conventional telescopic fork.
International markets got dual-channel ABS while we got single-channel ABS, international markets got a cast aluminium swingarm while we got a steel pressed swingarm even though its faired sibling – the Yamaha R15 – did feature the aluminium swingarm in the Indian market.
The Yamaha MT-15 was offered to Indian buyers in just two colours — Dark Blue Matte and Black Matte. Adding to all this was the Rs 1.36 lakh (Ex-showroom) price tag! A lot of people were unhappy when the pricing was announced and a lot of people vented out their frustration online.
When all of this is put together, it might make one feel like the Yamaha MT-15 wouldn't find any buyers. However, the sales figures have proved us wrong. Yamaha sold 5,203 units of the MT-15 in March and 3,823 units in April.
Yamaha would want to keep the sales going strong, and Yamaha has also been listening to feedback from buyers and has hence taken the first step towards improving the MT-15 as an overall package — launching new colours.
One of the major grouses with the MT-15 was that it was available in just two colours and these two colours were not those that would match everyone's tastes. Hence Yamaha has decided to launch the MT-15 in three more colours — White, Blue & Red.
The three new upcoming colours will have a metallic finish contrary to the matte finish we currently see on the MT-15. Other than the updated colour scheme, there are no other changes to the MT-15 or its mechanicals.
The motorcycle is powered by a liquid-cooled, 155cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 19bhp and a peak torque output of 15Nm. A 6-speed gearbox handles transmission duties.
Thoughts On Yamaha MT-15 In New Colours Spotted At Dealership
The Yamaha MT-15 is a brilliant motorcycle and it is powered by gem of an engine. However, it sorely lacked a few features and that included colour options. With this new update, Yamaha will be offering more colours, thereby making it more attractive. This might just boost sales.