- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 5 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Yamaha MT-15 has been introduced with three new colours for the Indian market. In less than three months after the launch of the Yamaha MT-15, the company has decided to launch the motorcycle in three new colours.
The motorcycles in the new colours have started arriving at dealerships and b4choose has posted images of them. Yamaha launched the MT-15 in the Indian market on 15 March, 2019. Though it was on sale in international markets for a long time before that, the Indian market didn't get it until earlier this year.
Even after it was launched here, Indian buyers felt short changed and almost left out since several features that were available in international markets did not make it to the Indian model. The bike on sale in various foreign markets came with an upside down fork up front but we got a conventional telescopic fork.
International markets got dual-channel ABS while we got single-channel ABS, international markets got a cast aluminium swingarm while we got a steel pressed swingarm even though its faired sibling – the Yamaha R15 – did feature the aluminium swingarm in the Indian market.
The Yamaha MT-15 was offered to Indian buyers in just two colours — Dark Blue Matte and Black Matte. Adding to all this was the Rs 1.36 lakh (Ex-showroom) price tag! A lot of people were unhappy when the pricing was announced and a lot of people vented out their frustration online.
When all of this is put together, it might make one feel like the Yamaha MT-15 wouldn't find any buyers. However, the sales figures have proved us wrong. Yamaha sold 5,203 units of the MT-15 in March and 3,823 units in April.
Yamaha would want to keep the sales going strong, and Yamaha has also been listening to feedback from buyers and has hence taken the first step towards improving the MT-15 as an overall package — launching new colours.
One of the major grouses with the MT-15 was that it was available in just two colours and these two colours were not those that would match everyone's tastes. Hence Yamaha has decided to launch the MT-15 in three more colours — White, Blue & Red.
The three new upcoming colours will have a metallic finish contrary to the matte finish we currently see on the MT-15. Other than the updated colour scheme, there are no other changes to the MT-15 or its mechanicals.
The motorcycle is powered by a liquid-cooled, 155cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 19bhp and a peak torque output of 15Nm. A 6-speed gearbox handles transmission duties.
Thoughts On Yamaha MT-15 In New Colours Spotted At Dealership
The Yamaha MT-15 is a brilliant motorcycle and it is powered by gem of an engine. However, it sorely lacked a few features and that included colour options. With this new update, Yamaha will be offering more colours, thereby making it more attractive. This might just boost sales.