- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Japanese motorcycle manufacturer Yamaha has released the first official teaser video for the upcoming MT-15 naked motorcycle. The all-new Yamaha MT-15 will be launched in India on March 15.
The new teaser video for the MT-15 has a rather ominous theme with scenes that seem right out of the first half of Tom Cruise's 2002 flick, the Last Samurai. The teaser video shows glimpses of the silhouette of the upcoming MT-15 in between scenes of Samurai riding horses in dark forests and scything through the air with their Katanas in graceful yet deadly swings. The Samurai-themed video ends with Yamaha asking viewers if they're ready to join the Dark Side Of Japan.
March 15 will mark the first time that Yamaha brings the MT-15 into India. While the naked streetfighter motorcycle has been sold in international markets for quite a while now, India will not be getting the same spec bike that is sold abroad. This is mainly done to keep costs low, though the new Yamaha MT-15 is expected to be the most expensive 150cc naked motorcycle sold in India when it finally arrives next week.
Changes on the India-spec model compared to the international variant of the MT-15 include the use of regular telescopic front forks instead of the upside down units seen abroad along with what appears to be a smaller fuel tank.
The India-spec Yamaha MT-15 will share all its mechanical parts with the R15 V3.0 sports bike sold in India. This means that the new MT-15 will draw power from a 155cc engine that cranks out 19bhp and 15Nm of torque. Power is transferred to the rear wheel via a 6-speed gearbox.
The Yamaha MT-15 will be the most powerful motorcycle in its segment when it is launched in India next week. Expect the Yamaha MT-15 to be priced at around the Rs 1.2 lakhs, ex-showroom mark.