- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- Technology Mubadala, Microsoft, Twitter Might Invest In Reliance Jio Platforms: Report
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Shri Krishna Tops The Chart; Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Re-Enters The Top 5 List
- Lifestyle Indo-Mediterranean Diet And Heart Health: What Is The Link?
- News Year of disappointment, disastrous management: Cong on Modi govt anniversary
- Sports After concussion substitute, will see Covid 19 substitute in England Test series?
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Yamaha Motors India is all set to launch their new MT-15 motorcycle in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, IAB has shared a leaked document revealing the engine specifications, dimensions and other details of the upcoming MT-15 motorcycle.
As seen from the document, the upcoming Yamaha MT-15 motorcycle will be powered by the same engine as on the R15 V3.0. This is a BS-IV compliant 155.1cc single-cylinder engine producing 19.3bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch as standard.
Apart from the power output, the document also showcases the overall dimensions and gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the Yamaha MT-15. In terms of dimensions, the Indian-spec MT-15 measures 2,020mm in length, 800mm in width and 1,070mm in height. The Yamaha MT-15 also has a wheelbase of 1335mm. The gross vehicle weight of the Yamaha MT-15 is mentioned to be 288kg. Although, this weight includes a full tank of fuel and the average rider weight as well.
The wheelbase, length and width remain identical to the Indonesian-spec model. However, the height has been increased by 5mm, this might translate to a slightly better ground clearance from 155mm on the Indonesian-spec to 160mm on the Indian-spec model.
Other components remain similar to the R15 V3.0, which includes conventional telescopic front forks and a monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Indian-spec Yamaha MT-15 will miss out on USD forks and an aluminium swingarm, seen on the international-spec. This is mainly done for cost-cutting, allowing the motorcycle to be priced competitively in the market.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15
The Yamaha MT-15 is basically the naked streetfighter version of the R15 V3.0 offering in the Indian market. The MT-15 is also one of the much-awaited products to be introduced by the Japanese company in India. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Bajaj NS160, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and even the KTM 125 Duke.