- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 5 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 5 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 7 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Mohamed Morsi, ousted Egyptian President, dies during trial
- Sports Copa America: Bolivia v Peru: Villegas bites back at social media critics
- Technology OnePlus 7 Camera Modes – How To Capture 48MP Photos, Night Shots And More
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha Motors India is all set to launch their new MT-15 motorcycle in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, IAB has shared a leaked document revealing the engine specifications, dimensions and other details of the upcoming MT-15 motorcycle.
As seen from the document, the upcoming Yamaha MT-15 motorcycle will be powered by the same engine as on the R15 V3.0. This is a BS-IV compliant 155.1cc single-cylinder engine producing 19.3bhp at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch as standard.
Apart from the power output, the document also showcases the overall dimensions and gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the Yamaha MT-15. In terms of dimensions, the Indian-spec MT-15 measures 2,020mm in length, 800mm in width and 1,070mm in height. The Yamaha MT-15 also has a wheelbase of 1335mm. The gross vehicle weight of the Yamaha MT-15 is mentioned to be 288kg. Although, this weight includes a full tank of fuel and the average rider weight as well.
The wheelbase, length and width remain identical to the Indonesian-spec model. However, the height has been increased by 5mm, this might translate to a slightly better ground clearance from 155mm on the Indonesian-spec to 160mm on the Indian-spec model.
Other components remain similar to the R15 V3.0, which includes conventional telescopic front forks and a monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Indian-spec Yamaha MT-15 will miss out on USD forks and an aluminium swingarm, seen on the international-spec. This is mainly done for cost-cutting, allowing the motorcycle to be priced competitively in the market.
Thoughts On The Yamaha MT-15
The Yamaha MT-15 is basically the naked streetfighter version of the R15 V3.0 offering in the Indian market. The MT-15 is also one of the much-awaited products to be introduced by the Japanese company in India. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Bajaj NS160, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and even the KTM 125 Duke.