- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Last month, Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Yamaha launched the MT-15 streetfighter motorcycle in India. Now a new report by Autocar India is claiming that deliveries of the new Yamaha MT-15 have started with customers able to pick up their bikes the day after they make the payment. The publication states that customers who take a loan for the bike have to wait for around a week to pick up their new MT-15s.
The Yamaha MT-15 is the smallest member of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer's streetfighter lineup to be sold in India. The MT-15 uses the same engine, chassis, suspension and brakes as the fared YZF-R15 V3.0.
The Yamaha MT-15's liquid-cooled single cylinder engine with variable-valve actuation kicks out 19bhp at at 10,000rpm and 14.7Nm of torque at 8,500rpm. The engine sends power to the rear wheel via a 6-speed gearbox. The Yamaha MT-15 also features a slipper clutch setup. Yamaha has tweaked the ECU setting of the MT-15 for better low and mid-range grunt, which means that the naked streetfighter is quicker off the line compared to the R15, though the fared bike beats it when it comes to top speed.
The Yamaha MT-15 measures in at 2,020mm long, 800mm wide and 1,070mm tall. The wheelbase of the naked bike is 1,335mm long while the ground clearance is 155mm. The seat height of the Yamaha MT-15 is 810mm and the bike sports an 11-litre fuel tank.
The India-spec Yamaha MT-15 features regular telescopic forks up front (international models feature USDs) along with a monoshock at the rear. Unlike the R15 3.0, the MT-15 sports a box-shape swingarm unit, instead of the aluminium unit seen on the fared motorcycle.
Braking duties on the Yamaha MT-15 are handled by a 282mm disc up front and a 220mm brake disc at the rear. Another way the MT-15 differs from its fared sibling is the fact that Yamaha has equipped the streetfighter with a single channel ABS system, whereas the R15 V3.0 gets a dual-channel setup. The Yamaha MT-15 sports 17-inch tyres that are shod with 100/80-17 MRF Nylogrip Zapper FX1 tyres.
The Yamaha MT-15 is offered with two different colour options — Dark Matte Blue and Metallic Black. The MT-15 from Yamaha is priced at Rs 1.36 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi).