- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Chinese electronics giant Xiaomi has revealed the C20 Electric bicycle from its Himo sub-brand. The Himo C20 by Xiaomi is powered by a hub-mounted electric motor which is placed on the rear wheel of the bicycle. The Xiaomi Himo C20 is priced at $375.
The battery pack of the Himo C20 electric bicycle has a capacity of 360Wh and weighs in at just 2.5 kilogrammes. The lithium-ion battery pack can be removed from the bicycle which means it can be taken off and charged back inside the house or at work. The 10V 36Ah battery pack takes 6 hours to charge back up to full and delivers a range of up to 80 kilometres before requiring another visit to the plug point.
The battery pack of the Himo C20 powers a hub-mounted 250W DC brushless electric motor which is mounted to the rear wheel of the bicycle. The electric motor propels the Himo C20 to a top speed of 25km/h. Braking duties are provided by mechanical disc brakes that are mounted to both wheels, which should easily bring the C20 to a halt quickly.
The Himo C20 sits on 20-inch rims which are what you find on most BMX bikes and these wheels are draped with quite high profile tyres that should help this pedal assisting electric bike travel over the bumps and ditches with ease. The frame of the Himo C20 electric bike is made from aluminium and weighs in at just 21 kilogrammes.
The Himo C20 features LED units for both the the headlamp and tail lamp. Both light units are connected directly to the bicycle's lithium-ion battery pack. The Himo C20 from Xiaomi also features a rather nice looking LED display which shows the rider data regarding the speed, distance, battery capacity, and pedal assist level.
A rather quirky feature of the bike is the hidden air pump. If the bike's tyres feel a bit deflated, riders can just pull out the seat out with its mount, remove the cap at the bottom and connect the air hose to the tyre and just start pumping.