- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Piaggio has hiked prices of the entire Vespa and Aprilia lineup of scooters sold in India. The hike in prices vary between each model, ranging from Rs 1,033 to Rs 2,724. The increase in prices of the scooter from both brands has already been implemented from 1st September.
The Aprilia brand of scooters has received just marginal price hikes. The Aprilia SR 125 has the least price hike of Rs 1,033 while the Aprilia Storm 125 has the highest with Rs 1,674.
The Vespa brand, however, receive a larger price hike. The smallest hike in prices in the Vespa range is Rs 1,034 on the Urban Club 125; with the highest on the SXL 150 at Rs 2,424.
Here are the new prices for the Vespa and Aprilia scooters in India, along with the old prices for comparison. All prices are ex-showroom (Bangalore).
|Model||Old Price||New Price|
|Aprilia Storm 125||Rs 66,268||Rs 67,942|
|Aprilia SR 125||Rs 72,658||Rs 73,691|
|Aprilia SR 150 Standard||Rs 83,766||Rs 85,058|
|Aprilia SR Carbon||Rs 86,837||Rs 88,129|
|Aprilia SR 150 Race||Rs 92,742||Rs 94,305|
|Vespa Urban Club 125||Rs 73,462||Rs 74,496|
|Vespa ZX 125||Rs 81,564||Rs 82,856|
|Vespa VXL 125||Rs 91,350||Rs 92,642|
|Vespa SXL 125 (Matte Black, White, Orange, Blue)||Rs 94,651||Rs 95,943|
|Vespa SXL 125 (Matte red Dragon, Matte Yellow)||Rs 95,724||Rs 98,141|
|Vespa VXL 150||Rs 1.01 Lakh||Rs 1.03 Lakh|
|Vespa SXL 150 (Matte Black, White, Orange, Blue)||Rs 1.05 Lakh||Rs 1.08 Lakh|
|Vespa SXL 150 (Matte Red Dragon, Matte Yellow)||Rs 1.06 Lakh||Rs 1.08 Lakh|
|Vespa VXL 150 (Elegante)||Rs 1.12 Lakh||Rs 1.13 Lakh|
Price Table Courtesy: Bikewale
Apart from the increase in prices, Vespa is also offering customers with festive discounts, benefits and a bunch of other offers. This includes benefits of Rs 10,000 on select Vespa scooters.
Other offers include free insurance worth up to Rs 4000, free of cost labour service for the first year, free 5-year warranty, free on-road assistance and other benefits on Paytm worth up to Rs 6000.
Both, Vespa and Aprilia offer a wide range of scooters in the Indian market in the 125cc and 150cc segment. Vespa scooters offer a retro-design premium range of scooters in the Indian market, while the Aprilia concentrates on compact, fun and sporty designed products.
Sales of both Vespa and Aprilia scooters have been consistent in the Indian market, although low compared to some of the other brands. However, with the recent launch of the Aprilia Storm 125, sales of the brand has improved in the last couple of months.
The Aprilia Storm 125 offers a number of features, powerful engine and sporty looks; making it a very attractive entry-level model for the brand in India. Both brands use the same engine on their 125cc and 150cc offering, while targeting very different set of customers.
Thoughts On Vespa & Aprilia Scooters Price Hike In India
Piaggio has increased prices of both Vespa and Aprilia in the Indian market. The price hike has been implemented from the start of September, although the exact reason for the price hike hasn't been announced. The Vespa and Aprilia scooters in India rival the likes of the Suzuki Burgman Street 125, Suzuki Access 125, Hero Maestro Edge 125, Honda Activa 125 and the TVS NTorq 125.