- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 4 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 5 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: PCB allows families to stay with Pakistan players after India match
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- Technology Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
UM Motorcycles will be updating all its current motorcycles with ABS and launch new products in the Indian market. The four UM Motorcycles on sale currently will be launched with ABS in a period of less than two months.
The new products - Renegade Duty S & Renegade Sports S Vegas Edition - will be launched at a later phase. Reports have stated that UM Motorcycles will be equipping its current lineup of motorcycles with dual-channel ABS as standard fitment.
UM Motorcycles currently has the Renegade Sports S, Renegade Commando, Renegade Mojave and Renegade Classic on sale in India. The differences between these models are all largely aesthetic in nature.
There are also small differences in the riding position and ergonomics. However, all the motorcycles have the same basic mechanicals powering them. The UM Renegade family is powered by the same liquid-cooled, 279.5cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 24.75bhp and a peak torque output of 23Nm.
Starting 01 April, 2019, a new rule was implemented by the Indian government that required all motorcycles with an engine capacity of up to 125cc to be equipped with a combined braking system (CBS). All motorcycles with an engine capacity of 125cc and above should have ABS.
UM Motorcycles will be implementing ABS In their motorcycles to keep in-line with the governments regulations. However, as a downside to this, the prices for UM Motorcycles will see an increase of around Rs 15,000. This could further affect an already low sales figure.
In the upcoming months, UM Motorcycles is also expected to launch The Renegade Sports S Vegas edition which is a fancier version of the Sports S. Changes will only be aesthetic in nature and the motorcycle will make use of the same mechanicals.
UM Motorcycles will also be launching the Renegade Duty S, which will then become the entry-level UM model in the Indian market. The Duty S was revealed at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo and UM had announced the prices to hover around the range of Rs 1.10 lakh.
However, it has been quite a long time since that announcement and the latest figure is in the ballpark of Rs 1.3 lakh. The UM Renegade Duty S will be powered by an air-cooled, 223cc, single-cylinder engine. It produces a maximum power output of 16.96bhp and a peak torque output of 17Nm.
The dates for the launch of the Renegade Duty S and Renegade Sports S Vegas edition have not been revealed yet.
Thoughts On UM Motorcycles' Entire Range To Be Equipped With ABS
UM Motorcycles' update will enable them to stay in-line with government regulations while enhancing safety on the motorcycles. However, the brand has had a poor sales record so far. Increasing prices of the motorcycles just because ABS has to be implemented is certainly not going to be good for business.