- 2 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 11 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Movies Nach Baliye 9 Grand Premiere: Fans Loved The FIRST Episode; #BhaiOnNachBaliye9 Trends On Twitter!
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Just recently, spy images and leaked product presentations of the UM DSR Adventure 200 were making the rounds on the Internet. According to Rushlane, the DSR 200 Adventure seems to have borrowed most of its design details from the Polish built Romet ADV125 FI Pro.
There are now a new set of spy shots that show prototypes of a different UM adventure tourer. It appears that the American brand is exploring the possibility of more than one middle weight adventure tourer for the Indian market.
The new motorcycle looks very different to both, the Romet styled DSR Adventure 200, and the rest of the UM's existing dual-purpose motorcycles which retail in the international markets. Both prototypes pictured here feature identical headlamp and fuel-tank extensions, however, configurations differ significantly.
One features a larger windshield, spoked wheels with dual-purpose tires, and is sans front fenders. The other features a high-mounted front fender, a compact windshield, and alloy wheels with regular tires. Both variants feature regular telescopic front fork, but they are not identical.
The spy shots also show a Mahindra Mojo along with the UM prototypes, suggesting that it could be a benchmark model. There are also other unrecognizable motorcycles in the frame but the focus is clearly on the adventure tourer twins.
UM has not officially revealed its future plans, but thanks to the leaked details, we know that the DSR Adventure 200 and Chill 150 retro-classic automatic scooter are in the offering for 2019. So is a twin-cylinder flagship cruiser.
There is a possibility that these were early prototypes, and UM has may be zeroed in on the right configuration and design of its India-spec adventure tourer.
We will have to wait till UM Motorcycles makes an official announcement about its product plans however. As is, the two-wheeler manufacturer is not doing very well in India, and has registered zero sales over the last month because it's products are not compliant with the new safety regulations, including the now mandatory ABS. The company's immediate priority is equip its current offerings with necessary safety feature before introducing new models.
The BS-VI deadline is another challenge for UM Motorcycles. UM Motorcycles is staring at a monumental challenge if these adventure tourers are launched. They will take on the likes of the Hero Xpulse 200.
Thoughts About The UM DSR Adventure 200
We cannot tell much about what the motorcycles look like considering all the spy shots are from one angle only. What we can tell you is that UM has a massive task in front. They have to rebuild an interest in Indian consumers - one of the hardest things to do considering India is unforgiving if unimpressed. We wish them luck.