- 33 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 44 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Just recently, spy images and leaked product presentations of the UM DSR Adventure 200 were making the rounds on the Internet. According to Rushlane, the DSR 200 Adventure seems to have borrowed most of its design details from the Polish built Romet ADV125 FI Pro.
There are now a new set of spy shots that show prototypes of a different UM adventure tourer. It appears that the American brand is exploring the possibility of more than one middle weight adventure tourer for the Indian market.
The new motorcycle looks very different to both, the Romet styled DSR Adventure 200, and the rest of the UM's existing dual-purpose motorcycles which retail in the international markets. Both prototypes pictured here feature identical headlamp and fuel-tank extensions, however, configurations differ significantly.
One features a larger windshield, spoked wheels with dual-purpose tires, and is sans front fenders. The other features a high-mounted front fender, a compact windshield, and alloy wheels with regular tires. Both variants feature regular telescopic front fork, but they are not identical.
The spy shots also show a Mahindra Mojo along with the UM prototypes, suggesting that it could be a benchmark model. There are also other unrecognizable motorcycles in the frame but the focus is clearly on the adventure tourer twins.
UM has not officially revealed its future plans, but thanks to the leaked details, we know that the DSR Adventure 200 and Chill 150 retro-classic automatic scooter are in the offering for 2019. So is a twin-cylinder flagship cruiser.
There is a possibility that these were early prototypes, and UM has may be zeroed in on the right configuration and design of its India-spec adventure tourer.
We will have to wait till UM Motorcycles makes an official announcement about its product plans however. As is, the two-wheeler manufacturer is not doing very well in India, and has registered zero sales over the last month because it's products are not compliant with the new safety regulations, including the now mandatory ABS. The company's immediate priority is equip its current offerings with necessary safety feature before introducing new models.
The BS-VI deadline is another challenge for UM Motorcycles. UM Motorcycles is staring at a monumental challenge if these adventure tourers are launched. They will take on the likes of the Hero Xpulse 200.
Thoughts About The UM DSR Adventure 200
We cannot tell much about what the motorcycles look like considering all the spy shots are from one angle only. What we can tell you is that UM has a massive task in front. They have to rebuild an interest in Indian consumers - one of the hardest things to do considering India is unforgiving if unimpressed. We wish them luck.