- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Ultraviolette Automotive, the Bangalore-based electric vehicle start-up recently launched their first product in the Indian market, the F77. The electric motorcycle is offered with a price tag between Rs 3 lakh to Rs 3.35 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The Ultraviolette F77 is among the first electric sportsbike in India. It comes with a host of advanced features, extreme performance and excellent range. The electric motorcycle is offered in three variants: Lightning, Shadow and Laser. Each of them are mechanically identical, however, come with slight cosmetic differences.
Having said this, here are some of the top things to know about the all-new Ultraviolette F77 electric bike in India.
Top Speed & Acceleration
The Ultraviolette F77 is a performance-oriented electric motorcycle, which claims a top speed of 147km/h. The company also claims that the F77 electric bike is capable of accelerating from 0 - 60km/h in just 2.9 seconds and 0 - 100km/h time of 7.5 seconds.
Battery & Electric Motor Specifications
The Ultraviolette F77 uses a pack of three lithium-ion batteries, with a total capacity of 4.2Kwh. This battery pack is further mated to a 25Kw electric motor. This is in the form of a passively air-cooled permanent magnet AC motor. The batteries on the Ultraviolette F77 also come with an IP-67 rating for dust and water resistance.
The electric motor produces a maximum power output of 33.5bhp at 2250rpm and 450Nm of torque at the wheel (90Nm of torque at the motor).
Range, Riding Modes & Charging
The Ultraviolette F77 electric bike is offered with three riding modes: Eco, Sport & Insane. The range on the F77 varies between a claimed 130km to 150km on a single charge.
The company offers the F77 electric bike with both standard and fast-charging technology. The standard charging comes in the form of a 1Kw charger which takes around 5 hours to charge the batteries.
The fast-charging system uses a more powerful 3Kw portable charger, which reduces charging time of the F77 batteries to just 1.5 hours. Ultraviolette has also fitted the F77 electric motorcycle with removable/swappable batteries as well.
Brakes, Suspension & Tyres
The Ultraviolette F77 electric bike comes with a single 320mm drilled hole disc at the front with a 4 piston radial calipers. The rear features a 230mm drilled hole disc with a single-piston floating caliper. The brakes are further supported by a dual-channel ABS system as standard.
The suspension on the Ultraviolette F77 is handled by inverted forks at the front and a gas-charged mono-shock suspension set-up at the rear with preload adjustability.
The Ultraviolette F77 electric bike comes with 17-inch wheels as standard, wrapped in Metzeler rubber. The electric bike comes with a 110/70 profile for the front and 150/60 tyre profile at the rear.
Seat Height, Kerb Weight & Wheelbase
The Ultraviolette F77 comes with a seat height of 800mm as standard. The electric motorcycle weighs 158kg, that's around 10 kilos lighter than the TVS Apache RR310 for comparison. The wheelbase of the F77 electric bike is 1340mm, which is the same as the KTM RC390.
Variants & Colours
The Ultraviolette F77 is offered in three different variants, all of which feature three different paint schemes. The Shadow comes in stealth Grey; the Lightning is offered in White and the Laser features a Red colour scheme.
All three variants: Shadow, Lightning & Laser come with the same mechanicals, although they do offer slight cosmetic variations to help differentiate between themselves.
Bookings, Deliveries & Availability
Pre-bookings for the Ultraviolette F77 has begun, with deliveries scheduled to start from October 2020. The bike will initially be available only in Bangalore, with other metros being added in the future.
Thoughts On The Ultraviolette F77 Electric Motorcycle
The Ultraviolette F77 is among the first electric sportsbike in the Indian market. Offered with a price tag starting at Rs 3 lakh, the electric bike definitely is a premium offering, with currently no direct rivals in the country.