- 5 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 15 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 1 hr ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Otha Seruppu Size 7 Is A Must-watch: Critics Hail Parthiban's Latest!
- Lifestyle Chemicals In Beauty Products May Harm Women's Reproductive Hormones, Says Study
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Sports India vs South Africa: 2nd T20I Live Update: India, SA eager for win in Mohali
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ultraviolette Automotives — a Bangalore-based startup is working on launching its first electric motorcycle in the Indian market. Their new electric motorcycle, codenamed 'F77' is expected to launch in India soon and will initially be available only in Bangalore.
Ahead of its launch in the coming months, the new Ultraviolette F77 electric motorcycle, which has been completely developed in-house has been spied testing. The spy pics showcase a completely undisguised motorcycle, giving us the first look at its styling.
As seen from the spy pics, the ultraviolette F77 comes with a full-LED headlamp unit, with LED DRLs. The electric motorcycle can also be seen with a fully-digital instrument cluster and a large fairing on the sides, to cover up the electric drivetrain within. The rear of the F77 electric motorcycle comes with twin LED tail lights, LED turn indicators and a massive single-piece swingarm.
The overall design of the F77 electric motorcycle from Ultraviolette offers a clean look, with minimal styling. However, it still manages to look sporty and has a rather unique styling, which will definitely grab eyeballs.
Ultraviolette is yet to reveal any details regarding their battery pack on the upcoming F77 electric motorcycle. However, they have revealed that the F77 will be powered equivalent to that of a 200cc conventional motorcycle offering. The electric motor on the F77 is said to produce 25Kw (approx 33.5bhp) and 90Nm of torque; with a claimed 0 - 60km/h time of 3.0 seconds.
Ultraviolette also claims that the F77 will offer a real-world range of around 150km on a single charge.
The Spy pics of the F77 can also shows the use of upside-down front forks and a monoshock suspension at the rear. The electric motorcycle rides on a pair of Metzeler tyres while braking is handled by disc brakes on either ends, supported by a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The Ultraviolette F77 Electric Motorcycle
The Bangalore-based start-up has received heavy investment from TVS Motor Company, which owns a 25 percent stake in the company. The motorcycle will initially go on sale in Bangalore, before expanding into other parts of the country at a later stage. Once launched in India, the Ultraviolette F77 electric motorcycle is said to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Image Courtesy: ACI