- 1 hr ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 5 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 22 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Retains Top Spot; Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Witnesses Major Jump
- Sports IPL 2020: Six biggest controversies that shook IPL
- News Postmortem report shows Unnao rape victim died of extensive burn injuries
- Lifestyle Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
TVS Motors has launched the StarCity+ 'Special Edition' model in the Indian market. The new 2019 TVS StarCity+ Special Edition is priced at Rs 53,437, ex-showroom (Karnataka) and is part of the company's festive season offering.
The new special edition model of the TVS StarCity+is offered with a new dual-tone White/Black colour scheme, offering a striking look compared to the standard model.
Apart from the new colour scheme, the special edition commuter motorcycle also come with premium dual-tone seat, dual-tone mirror, red decals on the side and rear panels, coloured shock absorbers and a ‘special edition' logo as well.
In terms of features, the new TVS StarCity+ comes equipped with AHO (Automatic Headlight On), honeycomb textured side panels, stainless steel muffler components, aluminium grab rails, black alloy wheels, 3D emblem and a stylish set of tail lights.
Mechanically however, the new TVS StarCity+ remains unchanged. It is powered by the same 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled petrol engine. It produces 8.2bhp at 7,000rpm and 8.7Nm of torque at 5,000rpm. The engine is mated to a four-speed gearbox.
The commuter-segment motorcycle comes with telescopic forks at the front and five-step adjustable dual shock absorbers at the rear. Braking is handled by 110mm drum brakes at either end. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch tyres at both ends. The special edition model of the TVS StarCity+ comes with high grip, button type tubeless tyres.
Apart from the introduction of the new TVS StarCity+ special edition motorcycle, the company is also working on other updates to its existing product lineup. TVS is planning to bring in a facelifted version of its Apache RTR series in the Indian market.
The new TVS Apache RTR 200 4V will be the first to receive the update. TVS will also introduce the Apache RTR 200 4V with a BS-VI compliant engine as well - here are the details.
Thoughts On The TVS StarCity+ Special Edition Motorcycle Launch In India
TVS Motor Company India has been facing the effects of the auto industry slowdown as well. The company recorded a decline of 15.37 per cent in the previous month of August 2019. With the arrival of the festive season in India, TVS is hoping to improve sales figures in the Indian market, with the special edition model of their commuter-level motorcycle.