- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 9 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 12 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- News 17 killed, over 1 lakh displaced in Assam floods, Centre releases Rs 251 crore aid
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
TVS Motor Company has launched the Star City+ in a special 'Kargil Edition' in India. The TVS Star City+ Kargil Edition is priced at Rs 54,399, ex-showroom (Delhi). The special edition model, remains completely unchanged from the standard variant, apart from the cosmetic changes.
Cosmetic changes on the Kargil Edition include a new white and green paint scheme with camo graphics. This provides the commuter motorcycle with a unique style, very different from any other motorcycle in its segment.
The TVS Star City+ Kargil Edition is "a tribute to the Spirit and attitude of a soldier, which resides in every Indian." The special edition model is inspired from snow peaks, rough terrains and the disciplined life of soldiers.
The Kargil Edition of the TVS Star City+ is available in three unique paint combinations - Naval White, Soldier Green and Flying Blue. Each representing the three main arms of the defence forces; Army, Navy and Air Force.
Apart from the new paint scheme and the one-of-its-kind camo graphics, the TVS Star City+ also comes with a 'Kargil Emblem'. This is situated on the back of the motorcycle and connotes the "indomitable spirit of every Indian, who will own the motorcycle."
To celebrate the contribution of the Indian defence forces, TVS last year held an initiative - Kargil Calling: Ride For The Real Stars. The initiative was held on the Kargil Vijay Diwas (July 2018) to celebrate the contribution of the armed forces. As part of the initiative, the TVS Star City+ passed through 3,500 touch points while the special Kargil themed Star City+ lead the rally in 5 key markets.
Apart from the cosmetic changes, the TVS Star City+ remains mechanically unchanged. The motorcycle continues to be powered by 109.7cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8.4bhp and 8.7Nm of torque and is mated to a four-speed transmission.
Thoughts On The TVS Star City+ Kargil Edition
TVS has introduced the Kargil Edition with just cosmetic changes made to its commuter offering. The TVS Star City+ Kargil Edition pays tribute towards the contribution made by the Indian Armed Forces. The Kargil Edition Star City+ is available across select TVS dealerships across the country.