- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
TVS Motors has been working on an electric vehicle for a while now, and even showcased its Creon concept electric scooter at the 2018 Auto Expo. In a new update, the President, CEO, & Additional Whole-Time Director, Mr K N Radhakrishna confirmed that the first electric vehicle should arrive during the current financial year.
According to IndianAutosBlog, Speaking at the Full Year 2019 Earnings Conference Call, Mr K N Radhakrishna said, "We have invested in electric technology, and this financial year, we are planning to launch an Electric Vehicle. I'll be able to give you more details closer to launch."
The TVS Creon concept electric scooter displayed many smart connected technologies that were developed along with Intel. The TFT screen of the Creon displayed a host of information like GPS, navigation, and geo-fencing. These are in addition to regular features like a speedometer, a tachometer, trip indicator, battery status, and a health status.
The Creon also featured three custom riding modes, regenerative braking, could connectivity, anti-theft features, and park assist. While all these features were on the vehicle that was showcased, we expect the production version to receive all of them.
The showcased TVS Creon also featured diamond-cut alloy wheels, telescopic front forks, an off-set rear mono-shock, tubeless tyres, all LED lighting, a USB charger, and a large under-seat storage. All these features are expected to be carried to the production model.
The Creon concept featured three Lithium-ion batteries mated to an electric motor that generates 12 kW of power. The battery can be charged to 80% in 60 minutes. TVS claims that the vehicle can travel a range of 80 kilometers on a full charge
While TVS say that the Creon can accomplish 0-60kmph in 5.1, it is expected to be quicker as the model gets closer to launch. The production-spec model will also feature petal-type disc brakes on both ends, although ABS will be available only at the front.
Thoughts About The To-Be-Launched TVS Electric Vehicle
TVS has joined the Electric Revolution. The Creon is an impressive looking scooter and may do very well for TVS Motors. We think that TVS has managed to lock it's '50 per cent' local content and we wish them luck. We also really hope that the EV they plan to launch this financial year is the Creon.