- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports It's a case of creating our own legacy: Windies skipper Jason Holder on World Cup
- News After win, Jagan Reddy says ‘Will remind PM Modi 40, 50 times' on Andhra special status
- Technology How to view hidden files on Android?
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
TVS Motors has been working on an electric vehicle for a while now, and even showcased its Creon concept electric scooter at the 2018 Auto Expo. In a new update, the President, CEO, & Additional Whole-Time Director, Mr K N Radhakrishna confirmed that the first electric vehicle should arrive during the current financial year.
According to IndianAutosBlog, Speaking at the Full Year 2019 Earnings Conference Call, Mr K N Radhakrishna said, "We have invested in electric technology, and this financial year, we are planning to launch an Electric Vehicle. I'll be able to give you more details closer to launch."
The TVS Creon concept electric scooter displayed many smart connected technologies that were developed along with Intel. The TFT screen of the Creon displayed a host of information like GPS, navigation, and geo-fencing. These are in addition to regular features like a speedometer, a tachometer, trip indicator, battery status, and a health status.
The Creon also featured three custom riding modes, regenerative braking, could connectivity, anti-theft features, and park assist. While all these features were on the vehicle that was showcased, we expect the production version to receive all of them.
The showcased TVS Creon also featured diamond-cut alloy wheels, telescopic front forks, an off-set rear mono-shock, tubeless tyres, all LED lighting, a USB charger, and a large under-seat storage. All these features are expected to be carried to the production model.
The Creon concept featured three Lithium-ion batteries mated to an electric motor that generates 12 kW of power. The battery can be charged to 80% in 60 minutes. TVS claims that the vehicle can travel a range of 80 kilometers on a full charge
While TVS say that the Creon can accomplish 0-60kmph in 5.1, it is expected to be quicker as the model gets closer to launch. The production-spec model will also feature petal-type disc brakes on both ends, although ABS will be available only at the front.
Thoughts About The To-Be-Launched TVS Electric Vehicle
TVS has joined the Electric Revolution. The Creon is an impressive looking scooter and may do very well for TVS Motors. We think that TVS has managed to lock it's '50 per cent' local content and we wish them luck. We also really hope that the EV they plan to launch this financial year is the Creon.