- 6 hrs ago Hero Lectro Electric Bike Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Toyota Five-Continents Drive From India To Vietnam Flagged Off In Bangalore
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- Movies IIFA 2019 Winners List: Ranveer Singh & Alia Bhatt Win Best Actor, Andhadhun Wins Best Story
- Lifestyle IIFA Awards 2019: Alia Bhatt’s Gown Is Pretty Refreshing But She Doesn’t Look Very Fresh
- News Delhi Transport Strike Today: Many schools to stay closed; exams postponed
- Sports Olympiacos 2-2 Tottenham: Spurs collapse as Valbuena leads deserved comeback
- Technology MIUI 11 Animations Teased Ahead Of September 24 Launch
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
TVS Motors has discontinued the Jupiter Grande in the Indian market. TVS has removed the Jupiter Grande variant from their official website as well. The TVS Jupiter scooter is now available in the ZX variant, which for 2019 has been updated with new features.
The new TVS Jupiter ZX variant comes with a starting price of Rs 56,093 for the drum brake variant, while the disc version is offered with a price tag of Rs 58,645. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
As part of the updates, the TVS Jupiter ZX variant now comes with semi-digital instrument cluster, adjustable rear monoshock and LED headlamps. These above mentioned features were available exclusively on the Grande variant. They will now be offered on the ZX trim, making it an even more attractive offering.
The TVS Jupiter ZX variant, however does miss out on a few features available on the Grande. This includes chrome inserts, unique alloy wheels and a different seat cover pattern. TVS is also offering the Jupiter ZX with two new paint schemes — Starlight Blue and Royal Wine.
In terms of mechanicals, the TVS Jupiter remains the same. It carries forward the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8bhp and 8.4Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT transmission.
Braking on the 2019 TVS Jupiter ZX is through 130mm drum brakes at both the front and rear. The disc version, on the other hand, is offered with a 220mm disc at the front. The Jupiter also comes with TVS's Synchronised Braking Technology (TVS version of Combi-braking) as standard. The TVS Jupiter runs on 12-inch tubeless tyres as standard at both the front and rear.
Thoughts On The 2019 TVS Jupiter ZX & Discontinuation Of The Grande Variant
The TVS Jupiter is one of the best-selling scooters from the brand in the Indian market. The Jupiter brings in volume sales consistently for the Indian brand month-on-month. With the discontinuation of the Jupiter Grande, the scooter is now available in three variants: Standard, ZX and Classic. The TVS Jupiter rivals the likes of the Honda Activa 5G and the Hero Duet 110 in the Indian market.