- 1 hr ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- 19 hrs ago MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch: Video & Other Details
- News With a scathing attack at the UN, India takes on Pakistan
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Technology BSNL Raises Rs. 8,500 Crore Via Sovereign Bonds To Clear Debt
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4 Week 3 Nominations: 7 Contestants Including Monal Gajjar, Lasya On The List!
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw results and highlights: September 21, 2020
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
TVS Motors has discontinued the Jupiter Grande in the Indian market. TVS has removed the Jupiter Grande variant from their official website as well. The TVS Jupiter scooter is now available in the ZX variant, which for 2019 has been updated with new features.
The new TVS Jupiter ZX variant comes with a starting price of Rs 56,093 for the drum brake variant, while the disc version is offered with a price tag of Rs 58,645. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
As part of the updates, the TVS Jupiter ZX variant now comes with semi-digital instrument cluster, adjustable rear monoshock and LED headlamps. These above mentioned features were available exclusively on the Grande variant. They will now be offered on the ZX trim, making it an even more attractive offering.
The TVS Jupiter ZX variant, however does miss out on a few features available on the Grande. This includes chrome inserts, unique alloy wheels and a different seat cover pattern. TVS is also offering the Jupiter ZX with two new paint schemes — Starlight Blue and Royal Wine.
In terms of mechanicals, the TVS Jupiter remains the same. It carries forward the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8bhp and 8.4Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT transmission.
Braking on the 2019 TVS Jupiter ZX is through 130mm drum brakes at both the front and rear. The disc version, on the other hand, is offered with a 220mm disc at the front. The Jupiter also comes with TVS's Synchronised Braking Technology (TVS version of Combi-braking) as standard. The TVS Jupiter runs on 12-inch tubeless tyres as standard at both the front and rear.
Thoughts On The 2019 TVS Jupiter ZX & Discontinuation Of The Grande Variant
The TVS Jupiter is one of the best-selling scooters from the brand in the Indian market. The Jupiter brings in volume sales consistently for the Indian brand month-on-month. With the discontinuation of the Jupiter Grande, the scooter is now available in three variants: Standard, ZX and Classic. The TVS Jupiter rivals the likes of the Honda Activa 5G and the Hero Duet 110 in the Indian market.