- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
TVS Motor Company has launched the BS-VI compliant Jupiter scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS Jupiter BS6 model is priced at Rs 67,911, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new BS-VI version is offered only on the Jupiter Classic for now, with the remaining variants set to receive it in a phase-wise manner in the future.
The TVS Jupiter BS-VI model now comes equipped with the brand's ET-Fi (Ecothrust fuel injection) technology. This is part of the brand's newly developed Fi technology: ET-Fi and RT-Fi.
The first version, namely the ET-Fi provides enhanced refinement, improved fuel economy and overall performance. The second RT-Fi (Race-Tuned Fuel Injection) technology offers racing experience in all riding conditions.
The TVS Jupiter Classic BS-VI is the first variant in the model to receive the ET-FI technology. The technology will be further carried forward on all other variants as well, along with their BS-VI engine update. With the new technology, TVS claims that the Jupiter Classic now delivers 15% better fuel efficiency than the older models.
Apart from the above-mentioned updates, the new TVS Jupiter BS6 scooter now comes with a new paint scheme as well, called the Indi-Blue. The scooter also receives additional features such as a USB charger in the front panel, a cubby space to place the mobile and a tinted visor as well.
The TVS Jupiter BS-VI continues to be powered by the BS-VI compliant version of the same 109.7cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.8bhp at 7,500rpm and 8Nm of peak torque at 5,500rpm. The engine is coupled with a CVT transmission.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) - Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor Company has always delivered consumer delight. We have taken the opportunity of the changeover to BS-VI, and are launching two Fi Technology platforms, RT-Fi and ET-Fi.
With ET-Fi (Eco Thrust Fuel injection) focused on the Indian commuter, TVS Jupiter Classic ET-Fi delivers enhanced overall performance across driveability, smoothness, and fuel economy.
The TVS Jupiter Classic ET-Fi comes with a convenient front mobile phone cubby, USB charger and a new tinted visor. I am confident that our customers will continue to repose their faith in TVS Jupiter in the years to come."
Apart from the TVS Jupiter Classic, the scooter is also available in three other variants: Base, ZX (disc & drum) and Grande. The Classic variant of the TVS Jupiter is positioned below the Grande trim in the lineup.
Thoughts On The TVS Jupiter BS6 Scooter Launch In India
The TVS Jupiter is one of the most successful scooters from the brand in the Indian market. Launched back in 2013, the scooter brings in consistent sales to the company, already has sold 1 million units since its launch. The TVS Jupiter rivals the likes of the Honda Activa 5G and the Hero Pleasure 110 in the Indian market.