- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Why give death penalty when Delhi air is reducing life? Nirbhaya convict moves SC
- Sports Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test: Having Mickey with us is big advantage, says Karunaratne
- Movies Kriti Sanon On Playing A Surrogate Mother In Mimi: ‘It Is A Very Entertaining, Beautiful Script’
- Lifestyle Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Technology Airtel Launches VoWiFi Service In Delhi-NCR: List Of Compatible Smartphones
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO: How To Check Allotment Status?
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
TVS Motor Company has launched the BS-VI compliant Jupiter scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS Jupiter BS6 model is priced at Rs 67,911, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new BS-VI version is offered only on the Jupiter Classic for now, with the remaining variants set to receive it in a phase-wise manner in the future.
The TVS Jupiter BS-VI model now comes equipped with the brand's ET-Fi (Ecothrust fuel injection) technology. This is part of the brand's newly developed Fi technology: ET-Fi and RT-Fi.
The first version, namely the ET-Fi provides enhanced refinement, improved fuel economy and overall performance. The second RT-Fi (Race-Tuned Fuel Injection) technology offers racing experience in all riding conditions.
The TVS Jupiter Classic BS-VI is the first variant in the model to receive the ET-FI technology. The technology will be further carried forward on all other variants as well, along with their BS-VI engine update. With the new technology, TVS claims that the Jupiter Classic now delivers 15% better fuel efficiency than the older models.
Apart from the above-mentioned updates, the new TVS Jupiter BS6 scooter now comes with a new paint scheme as well, called the Indi-Blue. The scooter also receives additional features such as a USB charger in the front panel, a cubby space to place the mobile and a tinted visor as well.
The TVS Jupiter BS-VI continues to be powered by the BS-VI compliant version of the same 109.7cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.8bhp at 7,500rpm and 8Nm of peak torque at 5,500rpm. The engine is coupled with a CVT transmission.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) - Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor Company has always delivered consumer delight. We have taken the opportunity of the changeover to BS-VI, and are launching two Fi Technology platforms, RT-Fi and ET-Fi.
With ET-Fi (Eco Thrust Fuel injection) focused on the Indian commuter, TVS Jupiter Classic ET-Fi delivers enhanced overall performance across driveability, smoothness, and fuel economy.
The TVS Jupiter Classic ET-Fi comes with a convenient front mobile phone cubby, USB charger and a new tinted visor. I am confident that our customers will continue to repose their faith in TVS Jupiter in the years to come."
Apart from the TVS Jupiter Classic, the scooter is also available in three other variants: Base, ZX (disc & drum) and Grande. The Classic variant of the TVS Jupiter is positioned below the Grande trim in the lineup.
Thoughts On The TVS Jupiter BS6 Scooter Launch In India
The TVS Jupiter is one of the most successful scooters from the brand in the Indian market. Launched back in 2013, the scooter brings in consistent sales to the company, already has sold 1 million units since its launch. The TVS Jupiter rivals the likes of the Honda Activa 5G and the Hero Pleasure 110 in the Indian market.