- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- Technology Blaupunkt BH1 Wireless Headphones Launched For Rs. 2,099 In India
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi On Drugs Case: I'm Still Aghast That No Men Were Called For NCB Probe
- Finance Interest Waiver Case On Deferred EMIs Under Moratorium To Be Heard Next On Oct 5
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 10: MI vs RCB: Dream11 tips, Playing XI, Head to Head, India timing, Live streaming
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- News Rahul Gandhi likely to join farmer protests this week
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor: 7 Times The Actor Made Stylish Impression With His Cool Looks
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
TVS Motors has launched its first ethanol-fueled motorcycle in the Indian market, with their Apache RTR 200 4V. The new ethanol-powered TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI E100 is priced at Rs 1.2 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI ethanol was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and has now finally entered the Indian market. The ethanol-fueled Apache RTR 200 will, however, be sold in a phased manner across the country, with Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka receiving the first lot of the motorcycles.
In terms of the design of the new motorcycle, the ethanol-fueled Apache RTR 200 will carry forward the same design as its petrol-powered sibling. Although, the ethanol variant will come with green body decals, which will help differentiate it from the rest.
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI Ethanol will come powered by an E100 200cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 20.7bhp at 8,500rpm and 18.1Nm of peak torque at 7,000rpm; mated to a six-speed gearbox. TVS also claims that the ethanol variant of the RTR 200 can reach a top speed of up to 129km/h.
The ethanol-powered Apache RTR 200 comes with an electronic fuel-injection system with twin-spray-twin-port, ensuring improved power delivery while also allowing the fuel to burn cleaner.
Ethanol is basically a combination of alcohol and gasoline, which provides a higher octane number; allowing cleaner combustion at lower costs. It is manufactured from plant residue; making it more eco-friendly than regular fossil fuels like petrol or diesel.
Ethanol is also an alternative renewable source of fuel available in the market. It produces 35 per cent lower carbon monoxide emissions and is also bio-degradable as well.
Thoughts On The New TVS Apache RTR 200 4V FI E100
Ethanol is one of the easiest types of alternative fuel available in the market. The use of ethanol in the motorcycle also helps reduce the number of harmful emissions, which is precisely the need of the hour, especially in India. Though the Apache RTR 200 4V is powered by ethanol, it will still continue to rival the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS and the KTM Duke 200 in the Indian market.