- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
According to Economic Times Auto, British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles will launch a pre-owned sales ops for it's fleet in India, starting August this year. The idea behind it is to lower the entry prices for the motorcycles which currently start at Rs 7.7 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
"It is going to bring down the entry price-point for a Triumph motorcycle, to say, Rs 5 lakh," said Shoeb Farooq, general manager for Triumph in India. "The motorcycles will be refurbished by Triumph and will come with a company-backed warranty.", he added.
Triumph has it's biggest manufacturing plant in Thailand. It imports motorcycles to India from here both, as Complete Knock Down (CKD) kits, and as Complete Built Units (CBU). Thailand and India have a free trade agreement that allows Triumph to import motorcycles without duty fees. The CKD kits are then assembled at Triumph's facility at Manesar, Haryana.
Triumph has 16 dealerships across the country and intends adding four more to the list. These additions will happened over a two year period. Mr. Farooq also mentioned that Triumph India would break even by financial year 2021-22.
Triumph currently offers 14 models in India. These are the Triumph Street Twin, the Triumph Street Scrambler, the Triumph Bonneville T100, the Triumph Street Triple 765, the Triumph Bonneville T120, the Triumph Bonneville Bobber, the Triumph Street Triple RS, the Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster, the Triumph Thruxton R, the Tiger 800 XR, the Triumph Tiger 800 XRX, the Triumph Tiger 800 XCX, the Triumph Tiger 800XCA, and the Triumph Tiger 1200.
Prices for the Triumph fleet range between Rs 7.70 lakh and Rs 17 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Once the pre-owned channels kick in, Triumph will be at competition with the Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X, the Hyosung GT650R and PRO650, the Kawasaki Vulkan S, and the Harley Davidson Street 750. However, all the other manufacturers mention here are offering new motorcycles for prices between Rs 5.1 lakh and Rs 5.62 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Triumph Owned Pre-Owned Sales Channels
This is a fantastic move by Triumph. People will be comfortable knowing that Triumph is refurbishing pre-owned motors, and offering company-backed warranty. Good move by Triumph to make an entry into the sub-6 lakh motorcycle segment, especially when KTM is planning to launch their Duke 790 within the next few months.