- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Valued at Rs 6,60,19,46,757 Kamal Nath’s son Nakul is richest MP
- Sports Gutsy Valencia shock Barcelona to win Copa del Rey
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Triumph Motorcycle India has confirmed the launch of the Triumph Scrambler 1200. In a conversation with carandbike.com, at the launch of the Triumph Speed Twin, Shoeb Farooq, General Manager, Triumph Motorcycles India, said the company will launch the Scrambler 1200 in May 2019.
The Triumph Scrambler was unveiled globally in the October of 2018. While it comes in two variants, the Scrambler 1200 XC, and the Scrambler 1200 XE, only the XC variant will be launched in India. The Scrambler 1200 XC variant is the more road-biased variant of the two.
The new Scrambler 1200 XC is powered by a high-torque 1200cc liquid cooled, parallel twin engine. The engine features a 27-degree firing order and produces 89bhp of power @ 7,400rpm and 110Nm of peak torque @ 3,950rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox that features a torque-assist clutch. While this engine is also featured on the Triumph Thruxton R, it has been tuned to suit the adventure spirit of the Scrambler.
The Scrambler 1200 features a retro styled fuel tank, ribbed single piece seat, and high-mounted twin exhausts. The motorcycle comes with a steel tubular double cradle frame, Showa front forks, and Ohlins at the rear. The set-up is different though — the Scrambler 1200 XC features 200mm of travel at both front and rear, and the Scrambler 1200 XE features 250mm of travel. The Showa on the front of the XC gets a 45mm upside-down configuration, while the XE variant gets a 47mm upside-down at the front.
In addition, the Scrambler 1200 features a 21-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear wheel. Both wheels sport dual purpose tyres from Metzeler. Braking is handled by two 320mm discs featuring Brembo M50 monoblock calipers in the front, and a single 225mm disc featuring a Brembo two-piston caliper at the rear. Both motorcycles get switchable ABS, but the XE trim features switchable cornering ABS as well.
The Scrambler 1200 is loaded with features. The motorcycles come with cruise control, ride-by-wire, heated grips, an under seat mobile phone storage unit with a USB port, keyless ignition, and a toque-assist clutch. The motorcycles also feature a new generation, full colour TFT display. The Scrambler 1200 also features a first if its kind integrated GoPro Control System. This is facilitated by a fitted Bluetooth module that also features turn by turn navigation.
While there is no information about the price for the Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC, we expect the motor to be priced between Rs 11 lakh and Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
Wow! More power and more oomph! The Scramblers are on of the most 'fun' motorcycles to ride. It will be more fun to ride this motor now that she has a bigger heart. Can't wait to test it out!