- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- Sports Hamilton clings on for Monaco glory but Mercedes' one-two run ends
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Pune-based electric two-wheeler startup Tork Motors has released a teaser video of its first-ever electric motorcycle for the road, the T6X ahead of its launch later this year. The teaser video shows the upcoming T6X being ridden through a tunnel.
The video shows off what is expected to be the soundtrack of the future with an eerie whine from the electric motorcycle's motor dominating the short clip. Tork Motors which had started accepting bookings for the T6X electric motorcycle way back in 2016, recently appointed former senior vice president (sales & marketing) of India Yamaha, Roy Kurian as its head of sales and marketing as it gets ready to finally bring its electric motorcycle to Indian roads. The Pune based electric motrcycle startup is expected to launch the bike later this year with deliveroes set to start soon afterwards.
While the video only reveals the soundtrack of the T6X, Tork Motors has already released quite a few details about its first offering in the two-wheeler market. Tork Motors claims that BLDC motor of the T6X sends 27Nm of instantly available torque to the rear wheel of the performance motorcycle ensuring that its riders will be the quickest at the traffic lights.
The battery powering the motor is 72Ah lithium-ion unit that can regain upto 80 per cent of its charge in just an hour of charge. A full charge of the battery pack will allow the rider to ride the T6X for 100 kilometers at a cruising speed of 100km/h.
The Torq T6X features a trellis frame chassis along with conventional telescopic front forks and rear monoshock suspension setp. The disc brakes (267mm up front and 220mm at the rear) help bring the electric motorcycle to a stop quickly. Thanks to the wonders of regenerative braking, the bike also charges its battery pack whenever it slows down. The T6X sits on 17-inch alloy wheels that sport 80/100-17 (front) and 110/80-17 (rear) tyres.
Other cool features on the Tork T6X electric bike include a 4.3-inch TFT display with cloud and app connecitivity along with navigation and the Tork Intuitive Response Operating System which can learn and and adapt to the way a rider rides the e-motorcycle. The system also allows for different riding modes.