TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Tork Motorcycles, a Pune-based electric two-wheeler startup is working on introducing its first product for the Indian market. The company will launch their performance-oriented electric motorcycle, the T6X sometime either by late-2019 or early 2020.
Ahead of its launch, the Tork T6X electric motorcycle has been spied testing for the first time. As seen from the spy shots from Zigwheels, the T6X electric motorcycle will come with an in-house developed trellis frame with the electric motor as the stressed member.
The electric motor is situated in the same place as a conventional IC engine, below the rider's seat resulting in better mass centralisation and low centre of gravity. Power from the electric motor is transferred to the rear wheels through a chain drive system.
The suspension and brakes on the Tork T6X electric motorcycle are through conventional methods. This includes telescopic front forks and a monoshock at the rear. The electric motorcycle also comes with disc brakes on either end with CBS.
Powering the T6X motorcycle is a 6Kw electric motor producing 27Nm of peak torque. The electric motorcycle is said to have a cruising speed of 100km/h and max range of 100km. It comes with a fast-charging battery which can complete 80 per cent charge in just one hour. The batteries themselves are said to be IP-Certified.
In terms of design, the Tork T6X electric motorcycle comes with an upright riding position, with high-set handlebars and slightly rear-set footpegs. The bodywork itself is minimal, while the motorcycle uses halogen headlamps and LED turn indicators.
Thoughts On The Tork T6X Electric Motorcycle
The T6X electric motorcycle is the first product from the Pune-based startup. The Tork T6X is expected to be launched in the Indian market either by late 2019 or early 2020. Once launched in India, we can expect the Tork T6X to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh, ex-showroom