- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Techno Electra — a Pune based electric scooter start-up has just launched three new products in the Indian market. The three new electric scooters: Neo, Raptor & Emerge. The Neo is priced at Rs 42,000 while the Raptor & Emerge are offered with a price tag of Rs 60,771 and Rs 72,247, respectively. All prices are on-road (Pune).
Among the three new electric scooters, the Emerge is the flagship model featuring a neo-retro classic design. It comes with a host of equipment and features, including LED headlamps, LCD digital speedometer, central locking system, mobile-charging USB port and switches for forward, neutral and reverse modes.
Among the three scooters, the Emerge is also the only model to receive a 48V lithium-ion battery. The battery is mated to a 250W BLDC motor, which offers a range of around 70 - 80km in a single charge. The lithium-ion battery pack on the Emerge is portable and takes around 4 to 5 hours for a complete charge.
Suspension duties on the Techno Electra Emerge are handled by telescopic forks at the front and dual shock absorbers at the rear. The Emerge also comes with disc and drum brakes at the front and rear, respectively.
The Neo and the Raptor scooters offer a more conventional design, with the Raptor almost looking like a copy of the Honda Grazia. Both scooters, continue to offer the same features and power as the flagship Emerge. However, the Raptor and Neo miss out on the lithium-ion battery, replaced by lead-acid batteries instead. The Neo also misses out on the forward-neutral-reverse switches as well.
The Neo and the Raptor feature a 12V 20AH lead-acid battery with the same 250W BLDC motor. The Neo electric scooter offers a range of 60 to 65km per charge while the Raptor claims a range of 75 to 85km on a single charge.
Both these electric scooters carry forward the same mechanicals as the Emerge, in terms of suspension, brakes and ground clearance (150mm). The Raptor electric scooter though does provide the best boot space among the three models at 19.5-litres, with the other two offering 12-litre of space.
Thoughts On The Techno Electra Electric Scooters
Being under 250 Watts, the company claims that all three scooters can be ridden on the streets even without a driving licence. The three scooters can also skip the RTO registrations as well. Techno Electra also boasts of having over 50 dealerships across the country for sales and service as well.