- 10 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 12 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Explained: What is a floor test? Know what will happen in Karnataka Assembly today
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Most of us believed that the new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 would feature a BS-VI complaint engine. However, a recent brochure leak from vlogger Dinesh Chahal revealed that the motorcycle will feature a BS-IV compliant engine, for now.
Because the BS-VI compliance comes into effect only on 1 April 2020, Suzuki is doing every they can to launch the Gixxer SF 250 as soon as possible. It appears that hey have decided it wise to push the motorcycle with the BS-IV (current emission norms) engines and use the rest of the time they have to refine and upgrade the engine to the new emission specs.
The new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will feature a 249cc 4-stroke, singe-cylinder oil cooled engine that produces 26.1bhp of power @ 9,000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500rpm. The engine also features SOHC and 4-valves. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 features a fuel injection system and an electric starter system. Suspension duties are handled by telescopic, coil spring, oil damped systems in the front, and a swingarm type mono-shock at the rear. The motorcycle also features disc brake at the front (dual calipers) and the rear (single caliper). ABS is expected to be offered as a standard.
The headlight assembly on the new, fully faired Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 borrows design cues from the heavyweights like the GSX-R 1000. The motorcycle will also feature a double-barrel exhaust pipe, and split seats. While the overall design of the motorcycle stays the same, the new model is much sharper and cleaner.
Thoughts About The BS-IV Engine On The New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250
This is a brilliant move by Suzuki. Why not retail that motorcycle immediately and let people enjoy a new machine. They still have time to launch a BS-VI compliant engine and we are sure Suzuki will do a fantastic job with the new engine. While some folk may be upset by the fact that what they're getting now is the BS-IV, we all know engine specs are usually hyped until there is an official announcement about it. Either way, new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will be a great motorcycle to add to one's stable.