- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 19 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Most of us believed that the new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 would feature a BS-VI complaint engine. However, a recent brochure leak from vlogger Dinesh Chahal revealed that the motorcycle will feature a BS-IV compliant engine, for now.
Because the BS-VI compliance comes into effect only on 1 April 2020, Suzuki is doing every they can to launch the Gixxer SF 250 as soon as possible. It appears that hey have decided it wise to push the motorcycle with the BS-IV (current emission norms) engines and use the rest of the time they have to refine and upgrade the engine to the new emission specs.
The new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will feature a 249cc 4-stroke, singe-cylinder oil cooled engine that produces 26.1bhp of power @ 9,000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500rpm. The engine also features SOHC and 4-valves. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 features a fuel injection system and an electric starter system. Suspension duties are handled by telescopic, coil spring, oil damped systems in the front, and a swingarm type mono-shock at the rear. The motorcycle also features disc brake at the front (dual calipers) and the rear (single caliper). ABS is expected to be offered as a standard.
The headlight assembly on the new, fully faired Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 borrows design cues from the heavyweights like the GSX-R 1000. The motorcycle will also feature a double-barrel exhaust pipe, and split seats. While the overall design of the motorcycle stays the same, the new model is much sharper and cleaner.
Thoughts About The BS-IV Engine On The New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250
This is a brilliant move by Suzuki. Why not retail that motorcycle immediately and let people enjoy a new machine. They still have time to launch a BS-VI compliant engine and we are sure Suzuki will do a fantastic job with the new engine. While some folk may be upset by the fact that what they're getting now is the BS-IV, we all know engine specs are usually hyped until there is an official announcement about it. Either way, new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will be a great motorcycle to add to one's stable.