- 3 min ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- 17 hrs ago Best-Selling Three-Wheelers In India Between April-Oct 2020: Bajaj RE Comes Out On Top!
- Finance ONGC Shares Surge 6% As Crude Prices Jumped 8 percent In 3 Days
- News Sri Lankan boat with 100 kgs of Pak drugs intercepted by Coast Guard
- Technology Vivo Y1s Price Leaked Ahead Of Launch; Tie Up With Jio Tipped
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Sports Greg Barclay's vision for ICC: Delivering world events, tapping USA market, women's cricket
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Is All Smiles As He Shoots With Wife Jaya & Daughter Shweta; Says 'Family At Work'
- Education MHT CET Law Result 2020: Check Result Link And Other Details
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Most of us believed that the new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 would feature a BS-VI complaint engine. However, a recent brochure leak from vlogger Dinesh Chahal revealed that the motorcycle will feature a BS-IV compliant engine, for now.
Because the BS-VI compliance comes into effect only on 1 April 2020, Suzuki is doing every they can to launch the Gixxer SF 250 as soon as possible. It appears that hey have decided it wise to push the motorcycle with the BS-IV (current emission norms) engines and use the rest of the time they have to refine and upgrade the engine to the new emission specs.
The new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will feature a 249cc 4-stroke, singe-cylinder oil cooled engine that produces 26.1bhp of power @ 9,000rpm and 22.6Nm of torque @ 7,500rpm. The engine also features SOHC and 4-valves. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 features a fuel injection system and an electric starter system. Suspension duties are handled by telescopic, coil spring, oil damped systems in the front, and a swingarm type mono-shock at the rear. The motorcycle also features disc brake at the front (dual calipers) and the rear (single caliper). ABS is expected to be offered as a standard.
The headlight assembly on the new, fully faired Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 borrows design cues from the heavyweights like the GSX-R 1000. The motorcycle will also feature a double-barrel exhaust pipe, and split seats. While the overall design of the motorcycle stays the same, the new model is much sharper and cleaner.
Thoughts About The BS-IV Engine On The New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250
This is a brilliant move by Suzuki. Why not retail that motorcycle immediately and let people enjoy a new machine. They still have time to launch a BS-VI compliant engine and we are sure Suzuki will do a fantastic job with the new engine. While some folk may be upset by the fact that what they're getting now is the BS-IV, we all know engine specs are usually hyped until there is an official announcement about it. Either way, new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 will be a great motorcycle to add to one's stable.