- 53 min ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 1 hr ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Suzuki Motorcycles India have launched the MotoGP edition of their recently introduced Gixxer SF 250 in the Indian market. The new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP edition is priced at Rs 1.71 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new MotoGP edition of the Gixxer SF 250 comes with brand's racing team colours and sponsor decals. This includes the Suzuki Racing Blue paint scheme of the 2019 GSX-RR motorcycle. It also comes with Ecstar decals as well as the distinctive pinstriping on the wheels.
Mr. Devashish Handa, Vice President, Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"Following the success of Gixxer SF 250, we are thrilled to launch the MotoGP edition of Gixxer SF 250 that asserts Suzuki's racing DNA. The Suzuki Racing Blue colour has always been the identity of Suzuki's spirit and passion for racing."
"The contemporary styling coupled with sporty design and high-performance engine powered with innovative SOCS technology further enhances the racing character of the motorcycle. We are sure that the motorcycle will be received with the same enthusiasm as the other variants of the Gixxer brand."
Apart from the new Factory Racing team-inspired livery and the decals, no other changes have been made to the Gixxer SF 250. The motorcycle continues to be offered with the same 249cc single-cylinder oil-cooled engine. It produces 26.5bhp @ 9000rpm and 22.6Nm of peak torque @ 7500rpm. The engine further comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP edition also sports the same set of suspension and brakes as the standard model. This includes telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
Braking is handled by single disc at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch radial tubeless tyres at both the front and rear with 110/70 and 150/60 profiles, respectively.
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 also comes with a host of features. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, sporty dual muffler, brushed-finish alloy wheels, rear tyre hugger and a fully-digital speedometer as well.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP Edition
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 was launched in India a few months back. This is the first quarter-litre motorcycle offering from the brand in the Indian market. The MotoGP edition of the motorcycle has now been launched in order to help the Japanese brand attract more customers towards its product. The Suzuki GixxerSF 250 rivals the likes of the KTM Duke 250, Honda CBR 250 R, TVS Apache RR310, KTM RC200 and the Yamaha FZ25.