- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Gixxer SF 250 is a fully-faired motorcycle that marked Suzuki's return to the 250cc segment, but Suzuki didn't intend to stop there. Just as the fully-faired Gixxer SF 150 has a naked streetfighter sibling in the Gixxer 150, it was known that the fully-faired Gixxer SF 250 would also get a naked, streetfighter sibling in the Gixxer 250.
However, it was unclear as to when the Suzuki Gixxer 250 would actually be launched in India. Now though, pictures of the Gixxer 250 have surfaced online and this shows that the motorcycle will be launched soon.
It will try to have a styling that is similar to the new Gixxer SF 250, obviously without the full fairing. The images posted by Motoroids show the motorcycle with a bikini fairing, just as expected on a naked motorcycle like this.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 sports the same stylish 17-inch alloy wheels as the SF 250. However, one of the images reveal that Suzuki would be going for a more muscular look on the Gixxer 250 as compared to the sleek and slender styling on the SF 250.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will feature sleek LED headlamps that will most probably be the same unit seen on the SF 250. It will come with clip-on handlebars, split-seat, LED tail lamp, rear tyre hugger and a digital instrument cluster.
The streetfighter motorcycle will be powered by the same oil-cooled, 250cc, single cylinder engine as the Gixxer SF 250. It produces a maximum power output of 26.5bhp at 9,000rpm and a peak torque output of 22.6Nm at 7,500rpm. A 6-speed gearbox handles transmission duties.
This is a brilliant engine and you can read more about it and its performance in our Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 first ride review where we put it through its paces. The Gixxer SF 250 handled brilliantly as well.
It remains to be seen if Suzuki would change the riding position and or engine or suspension settings to suit the streetfighter segment the Gixxer 250 will slot into. It will feature the same front and rear disc brake setup from Bybre combined with a dual-channel ABS system.
Suspension duties are handled by a telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will weigh slightly lower than the Gixxer SF 250 and will also cost slightly lower than its fully-faired twin which costs Rs 1.70 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On Suzuki Gixxer 250 Images Leaked — Launching Soon?
The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 is a brilliant motorcycle and is very desirable. However, it is the naked motorcycle that will be a hoot to ride out on the streets and it is for this very reason that we are looking forward to the launch of the Suzuki Gixxer 250. It will compete with the likes of the KTM 250 Duke and the Yamaha FZ 25.