- 2 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 6 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Technology BSNL Launches Rs. 2,399 Prepaid Pack; Offering 250 Minutes For Calling For 600 Days
- Sports India's current pace quartet in Tests can be on top for at least two more years: Bharat Arun
- Movies Shehnaaz Gill Expresses Concern: ‘People Might Forget Me, The Craze Is Rather Short-Lived’
- News PM Modi meets NSA, CDS over India-China face-off in Ladakh
- Lifestyle Smallpox: History, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
A superbike group's ride met with opposition by a passer-by who was clearly annoyed with the sound of the loud exhaust systems installed on the bikes. The incident took place in Madhya Pradesh on 02 October when the group of superbike riders set out for a leisurely ride.
Superbikes are now, not a very rare sight in India. As the market has opened up to new players, more and more manufacturers are launching performance motorcycles and there are people queuing up to buy them as well.
Along with buying a superbike comes the camaraderie and brotherhood among bikers and almost all riders soon join biking groups. These biking groups head out for rides at every given opportunity.
This particular group of bikers in Bhopal saw 02 October as an opportunity for a leisurely ride within the city as it was a public holiday on account of Gandhi Jayanti. Sure enough, the roads were relatively empty and the group was enjoying the ride.
A video of the ride was recorded on an action cam by Magician ad, a popular Vlogger on YouTube. A few minutes into the video, the bikers stop at a scenic point to take a picture and this is exactly where the problem started.
Thanks to the absence of traffic, the bikers stop in the middle of the road to take a group picture. A man walks up to the front of the group and starts talking to the bikers up front, who he presumed were leading the pack.
Magician ad gets off his Honda CBR 650R and walks up to the front of the group and it is only then that we hear what the man is saying. The passer-by was accusing the superbike group of creating violence.
The bikers immediately ask him what violence were they causing. The bikers then explain that they had stopped to take a picture which would barely take two minutes and then they would be on their way. The man leaves the scene and within a few seconds, the superbike group too leaves. The incident could have turned violent, but it thankfully didn't.
Superbikes attract a lot of attention by their very nature. They are large, are painted in attractive colours and decked with graphics and decals and adding to it all is the sound they produce. Almost all superbikes are powered by engines with high-compression and when paired to an aftermarket exhaust, they produce a lot of noise.
This noise is pure joy to a petrolhead but a racket to passers-by and non-enthusiastic folks. This video shows a large group of superbikes riding through roads in the city. Several of these bikes had aftermarket exhaust systems installed on them.
All of them put together were extremely loud and hence irritated the passer-by who looked like he had come for a walk or jog on that scenic stretch of road. After giving the bikers an earful and receiving an apt response, the angry man walked away from the scene and the bikers continued on their ride.
Thoughts On Superbike Riders Being Blamed For Creating Violence With Loud Exhausts
Superbikes are attention magnets. Most of the time, they do attract positive and joyous people but sometimes, they also attract negative and jealous people. The passer-by could have just carried on with his walk and the bikers would have left the scene in a couple of minutes.
He however decided that he had to say something about these bikes and that led to an argument. Situations like these can easily turn nasty and ‘violent' in an instance, so it is better to avoid arguments and road rage at all costs.