- 7 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Uddhav Thackeray meets PM Modi for first time after becoming CM
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Day one of Rider Mania 2019 had Royal Enfield announce the launch of their 'Slide School', and had them unveil a custom Royal Enfield Himalayan Flat Tracker. The Flat Tracker is basically a stripped down version of the stock Himalayan 401.
The custom motorcycle has been built by Unite States based S&S Cycles. The company is also know for manufacturing performance parts for Harley Davidson, and for Royal Enfield's Interceptor and Continental GT 650 twins.
The custom Himalayan Flat Tracker features a high mounted exhaust, a sprocket system designed for flat tracking, a lightweight carbon-fiber seat, and 18-inch spoke rims at the front and the rear.
There appear to be no mechanical changes made to the motorcycle considering the suspension kit, and the frame are still stock. The motorcycle however, is 30 kilograms lighter than stock, and weighs in at 164 kilograms.
The Slide School that was spoke of by Royal Enfield is essentially a flat-track training academy designed for beginners and pros alike. Flat-track racing is an established form of motorsport and is heavily promoted in the United States and in Europe.
Although dates are yet to be announced, the first Royal Enfield Slide School will be held at Bangalore in association with Big Rock MotoPark. The facility is owned and run by CS Santosh, India's top professional motorsport racer, and multiple National Supercross & Motocross Champion.
Flat-track racing requires stamina and endurance from riders as one has to race on loose mud and gravel around an oval track. The tracks require racers to ride in an anti-clockwise direction, and counter steer to keep the motorcycle in the right direction.
Flat Track racing is an American motorsport and is the season is called the American Flat Track Series. The series was founded and sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association in 1954.
The class system at the AFT consists of the AFT Twins Premier Class, The AFT Single Class for young drivers, and the AFT Production Twins Class featuring production based 649cc-800cc twin-cylinder engines.
KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Indian, and Harley Davidson are the big names in the series.
Thoughts About Flat Track Making Its Way To India
We have waited too long to bring mainstream motorsports to the country. Once stuck between bribes, taxes, and political idiocracy, motorsports seems to be on the right track for now. We're thankful that manufacturers are taking an interest in developing the sport in the country. Unfortunately for us, the one sport that will not make a comeback for the foreseeable future, is Formula 1.