- 9 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird X was spotted testing in India recently. The motorcycle spied on appears to be a newer version of Thunderbird X and we expect the bike to arrive with a BS-VI compliant engine. The bike was spotted testing around Chennai as reported by Bikewale.
Spy images reveal a lot of cosmetic changes. These include a flatter handlebar, split seats, and split grab rails. The fuel tank seems to sport a different design as well. Other design changes include a smaller rear fender, retro looking circular tail lights, and lower-set turn signal indicators at the rear.
Spy pictures also reveal that the Thunderbird X features a single-pod instrument cluster finished in chrome. The instrument cluster houses a small digital display in the middle. It is unsure whether we are saying goodbye to the rpm meter from the dual-pod setup in the present models.
We expect the Thunderbird X to feature better build quality as compared to the current models. We also expect the regular Thunderbird to offered with spoke-wheels, a backrest, and a relaxed riding position as well, but the motorcycle has not been spotted testing yet.
Royal Enfield is in the process of completely overhauling its 350cc and 500 cc family of motorcycles, and is migrating them to the all-new J modular architecture. The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird belongs to this family and will receive the new platform. Apart from the cosmetic changes, the retro-bobber looking tourer will also receive significant mechanical changes including a BS-VI compliant engine.
We can see that the chain sprocket and disc brake have switched places when compared to the older models and this tells us that the powertrain has been modified. Although not much has been revealed about the new powertrain, we expect the new motorcycle to have an electronic fuel injection system.
Royal Enfield could take this opportunity to offer more power and torque on the new Thunderbird. We expect the engine to be more refined and which will help with longer service intervals.
Royal Enfield currently rules it's segment with retro-classic motorcycles. With new and improved changes to the new Thunderbird, the fan base will only get stronger.
Thoughts About The New Thunderbird Spied
The design on the spied test mule seems promising with bobber like looks. Looks like Royal Enfield are gearing up to crash the Jawa's party with their new models. And Jawa is making it easier for Royal Enfield with a series of unfortunate events that include thieving dealers, rusty machines, and delayed deliveries.