- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird X was spotted testing in India recently. The motorcycle spied on appears to be a newer version of Thunderbird X and we expect the bike to arrive with a BS-VI compliant engine. The bike was spotted testing around Chennai as reported by Bikewale.
Spy images reveal a lot of cosmetic changes. These include a flatter handlebar, split seats, and split grab rails. The fuel tank seems to sport a different design as well. Other design changes include a smaller rear fender, retro looking circular tail lights, and lower-set turn signal indicators at the rear.
Spy pictures also reveal that the Thunderbird X features a single-pod instrument cluster finished in chrome. The instrument cluster houses a small digital display in the middle. It is unsure whether we are saying goodbye to the rpm meter from the dual-pod setup in the present models.
We expect the Thunderbird X to feature better build quality as compared to the current models. We also expect the regular Thunderbird to offered with spoke-wheels, a backrest, and a relaxed riding position as well, but the motorcycle has not been spotted testing yet.
Royal Enfield is in the process of completely overhauling its 350cc and 500 cc family of motorcycles, and is migrating them to the all-new J modular architecture. The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird belongs to this family and will receive the new platform. Apart from the cosmetic changes, the retro-bobber looking tourer will also receive significant mechanical changes including a BS-VI compliant engine.
We can see that the chain sprocket and disc brake have switched places when compared to the older models and this tells us that the powertrain has been modified. Although not much has been revealed about the new powertrain, we expect the new motorcycle to have an electronic fuel injection system.
Royal Enfield could take this opportunity to offer more power and torque on the new Thunderbird. We expect the engine to be more refined and which will help with longer service intervals.
Royal Enfield currently rules it's segment with retro-classic motorcycles. With new and improved changes to the new Thunderbird, the fan base will only get stronger.
Thoughts About The New Thunderbird Spied
The design on the spied test mule seems promising with bobber like looks. Looks like Royal Enfield are gearing up to crash the Jawa's party with their new models. And Jawa is making it easier for Royal Enfield with a series of unfortunate events that include thieving dealers, rusty machines, and delayed deliveries.