- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- Finance Now You Can Book Special Trains Ticket At Post Office
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Royal Enfield 2020 Himalayan BS6 has been spotted testing. Spy pics taken by Team-BHP reveal a test model sans camouflage. The spy pics of the Himalayan BS6 variant also reveal minor cosmetic changes.
The Himalayan's overall design remains the same, but spy pics reveal a slightly taller windshield. Spy pics also reveal tweaks to the instrument cluster.
The new 2020 BS6 compliant version of the motorcycle features different graphics for the dials, and two additional tell-tale lights instead of the five that are featured on current generation models.
The motorcycle does not feature any other changes. Older pictures let us know that the new 2020 Himalayan BS6 will feature all-new dual colour paint schemes. White will be the primary colour with Rock Red, Gravel Grey, and Lake Blue will feature as secondary highlights.
The Himalayan BS6 version will continue to feature the 411cc single-cylinder engine. The engine produces 24.5bhp of power and 32Nm of torque in its current avatar, and we're waiting to hear from the company about changes to these figures because of the engine upgrades. The engine will continue to be mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The rest of the motorcycle is expected to remain the same, and the 2020 Himalayan BS6 will feature a split-cradle chassis, a 41mm telescopic front fork, and a mono-shock at the rear.
Royal Enfield's 2020 Himalayan BS6 version will arrive with 21-inch wheels at the front, and 17-inch wheels at the rear. Braking duties will be handled by a 300mm disc in the front, and a 240mm disc at the rear.
Dual-channel ABS will be offered as a standard, only this time around, riders will have the option of switching ABS off. The current generation Royal Enfield Himalayan is priced at Rs 1.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The 2020 Himalayan is expected to carry a premium of roughly Rs 12,000.
Once launched, the 2020 Royal Enfield will compete with the KTM Adventure 390. The Adventure has more power at its disposal, and is better equipped as compared to RE's adventure-tourer.
Thoughts About The 2020 Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Spotted Testing
Royal Enfield has been listening to its customers and has been implementing changes and minor upgrades to its Himalayan models for a few years now. One can expect the new BS6 model to be better than the current generation models for sure.
But having said that, if KTM prices the Adventure 390 just right, it could recruit a large portion of RE's potential customer base to the Orange Army.