- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Acid test for Yediyurappa, Cong eyes opportunity
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Royal Enfield unveils a new custom build cafe racer at the Kustomfest 2019 in Indonesia. Called 'The 30' is built under the collaboration between the Royal Enfield and Krom Works Garage, an Indonesian custom builder.
The 30 cafe racer is based on the company's Continental GT 650 bike and draws its design inspiration from the cafe-to-cafe racing that was done during the 1960s. To make the custom built motorcycle the Continental GT650 has been stripped down, tuned up, and modified to mimic racing bikes of the 60s era.
Vimal Sumbly, Business Head APAC, Royal Enfield, said, "The rich custom culture in Indonesia has been inspiring Royal Enfield for years to collaborate with local talent and create new custom builds every year that we have been unveiling at Kustomfest. Royal Enfield's simple yet evocative motorcycles make them the perfect canvas for customization, to express the builder's vision and personality."
The custom-built cafe racer features a mix of modern-retro design, with a curved windscreen inspired by the race bikes built in the past to gain maximum aerodynamic advantage. The custom motorcycle features a dual-tone tank which is finished in pearl-copper colour and chrome plating on the sides.The cafe racer also features a steel galvanized custom fairing, side panels, hornet and front fender.
The 30's suspension duties are handled by a 43 mm KYB Upside down forks and a monoshock Sachs adjustable unit at the rear. Brakes on the motorcycle are handled by a 310mm dual-rotor unit at the front and a single 310mm rotor at the rear.
The cafe racer also features a host of custom build components which includes an aluminium Clip-On handlebars with custom leather grips, a pair of Nissin brake and clutch levers, an offset custom set sprockets. The 30 features a custom seat finished in leather as well.
The motorcycle also features a 17-inch Akront aluminum spoke wheels at both ends, a Velocity Stack custom air filter, steel galvanized air Scoop and battery-box, and also a throttle body borrowed from the Yamaha R6 motorcycle. The 30 cafe racer sits on a pair of Michelin Power RS 120/60 ZR section at the front, and 180/55 ZR section tyres at the rear.
The custom bike features the same oil-cooled parallel-twin 648cc engine that is featured on the Continental GT 650. The twin cylinder engine produces max power of 47bhp at 7,250 rpm and max torque of 52Nm at 5,250 rpm.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield ‘The 30' Custom Cafe Racer
The bike looks fantastic with a blend of retro air-scoop design and a modern-looking tank finished in copper. The Krom Works Garage has managed to further enhances the design of the Continental GT by adding essential retro components to show what the cafe racer is all about.