- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Siddhartha Lal has given up his role of the CEO of Royal Enfield according to media reports. Siddhartha Lal has appointed the Vinod Dasari to take up the position. Vinod Dasari was the CEO and MD of Ashok Leyland since 2011 and now till attempt to take Royal Enfield to the next level. Siddhartha Lal meanwhile will continue being the MD of Royal Enfield's parent company Eicher.
Siddhartha Lal can be referred to as one of the most eminent personalities of the automotive industry.
After taking up the position of CEO at Royal Enfield, Siddhartha Lal took the company to heights it had never seen before with new product strategies and cleaned things up for re.
Since then, Royal Enfield - which was on the verge of closure - became successful and it has been on an upward and forward movement.
It was under Siddhartha Lal's leadership that Royal Enfield launched the Continental GT 650 and the Interceptor 650 - Motorcycles that have revived enthusiasts' love and respect for the Royal Enfield brand.
There is no doubt then, that Siddhartha Lal is a visionary, especially given the way he ran the company and brought it to this level.
However, the new CEO of the company is one who comes with lots of experience and can also be called a visionary of equal measure.
Vinod Dasari started his career with General Electric in 1986 and then went on to work in high positions at companies like Cummins India Limited.
His stint at Timken Company saw him take up the role of the president of its global railroad business in the USA.
In 2011, he became the CEO and MD of Ashok Leyland, a brand that has since then seen immense growth.
Now, Vinod Dasari has taken the position of CEO at Royal Enfield and this comes at a time when the company is focusing on its 2030 goal and RE 2.0 plan.
Vinod Dasari was quoted as saying, "Royal Enfield is an inspiring story and I am very excited to be part of such a fantastic brand. Personally for me, working with a consumer brand will be a tremendous learning opportunity, and professionally, I am looking forward to the challenge of creating a global consumer brand from India."
It is the same 2030 goal and RE 2.0 plan that made Siddhartha Lal take up this decision of letting go of the position.
He was quoted as saying, "After a phenomenal success story in the last decade, Royal Enfield is now building the foundations of its next level of growth. As we commence another exciting chapter, I believe, there is no better person than Vinod Dasari to lead Royal Enfield into its next phase of evolution to a global brand."
"Vinod is a proven leader who combines business vision and people skills. He has been a catalyst in reviving the fortunes of his previous company and re-shaping the dynamics of a hitherto slow moving industry."
According to Royal Enfield, Siddhartha Lal will continue to support Vinod Dasari on product and brand-related areas.
Along with the position of CEO, VInod Dasari will be taken into the Board at Eicher Motors as an executive director.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Appointing Vinod Dasari As CEO
Royal Enfield has come a long long way since its initial days. The Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 are two examples of the company is capable of doing. With Siddhartha Lal stating that the company is commencing yet another exciting chapter, and with a new CEO being appointed, we are led to believe that Royal Enfield is making drastic changes to its product line-up.