- 19 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 54 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- News Cabinet approves mechanism for procurement of ethanol
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Revolt has launched their range of electric motorcycles in India. The electric motorcycles can be controlled via a mobile application to make life easier for the rider. We have explained the mobile application features in detail.
The Revolt mobile application called "MyRevolt" has a clean and intuitive design. It features a host of options that will enable the owner to control the behavior of the bike.
To begin with, one can start the bike right from the mobile application. The app also allows users to choose between "Eco", "Normal", and "Sport" riding modes featured on the bike.
We all know that electric vehicles do not have an exhaust note, they only feature a mild hum from the motor. In order to add to the excitement, Revolt is offering the RV 400 Premium with an onboard speaker. The rider can set different exhaust notes that can be played via the on-board speaker through the mobile app.
The app currently offers four preset exhaust note options to choose from "Revolt", "Roar", "Rebel", and "Rage". Users can also set the volume of the exhaust note. The artificial sounds can be turned off for those who do not enjoy it. The app does not allow for anything else to be played from the onboard speakers.
My Revolt app also notifies the rider when the battery is low on charge. The app then allows the rider to navigate to a "Revolt Switch" center. These centers are equipped with fully charged batteries, and the rider/ owner can swap the drained battery for one. Swapping batteries are free until the 31 December, after which a small fee will be applicable.
The app also allows the rider to order a battery pack and have it home delivered. This feature allows users to choose the date, time, and location of the delivery. This battery swap feature will make a big difference to owners who travel for work within a city.
Apart from these features, the app will also provide a host of information and options to the rider. This includes switching on geo-fencing for the bike which will notify the rider when the bike is outside of a predefined perimeter. The user can also remotely disable the bike when it is beyond the allowed perimeter.
Other features include a "My Bike" option which shows information about the bike. Users can check on the bike's battery health, service records, location and other details. This feature will also enable the rider to share the bike's location with others.
The "My Trips" feature shows travel details of the rider which includes: start and end locations, distance travelled, time taken for the travel, date of travel, average speed, and battery percent consumed.
The "My Switches" option includes details for all the battery swaps made by the rider with Revolt Switch centers. You can also add an emergency contact inside the application as well.
Interestingly, one can also book a Revolt motorcycle via the application. We think Revolt has designed the app to be used even by those who do not own a model, just yet.
Revolt has also announced that they will be releasing a fourth riding mode call the "Nitro" which will increase the top speed of the bike. Revolt has launched the RV300, the RV 400, and the RV400 premium - here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MyRevolt Mobile Application
While a lot of manufacturers develop apps specifically for owners, Revolt is using the app as a tool to get people to book motorcycles. We're not sure if that deserves a pat on the back or otherwise. The features on the app however, are fantastic and have been built to aid the rider wherever possible. The only thing we need now is a hack for the app so we can play alien invasion sounds while riding through cities.