- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Revolt Intellicorp has completed approval formalities for it's first electric motorcycle with the ARAI in record time, and now has ARAI certification. It is the first Artificial Intelligence enabled electric motorcycle to be certified by the ARAI.
Many tests were conducted for the electric motorcycle to ensure it met up-to-expectation and up-to-standard performance and reliability. The electric motorcycle cleared all it's tests in the first attempt. Some of the test that were conducted are - the Gradient Test (at a 10.2 degree incline), battery performance, cycle life test, nail penetration, shock tests, all-weather and waterproofing tests. ARAI also certified a range of 156 kilometers on a full charge.
Revolt Intellicorp has been working for close to two years on the electric motorcycle and has personally tested the machine out multiple times before the ARAI testing. This is probably reason they managed to clear the ARAI tests in the first attempt. An ARAI certification ensures safer roads, less polluting, and more efficient and reliable vehicles.
ARAI provides expertise and services in various areas, most of which are employed by a lot of manufactureres. These areas include Engineering, Certification and Standardization, Technology Development, Knowledge Initiatives, and Research and Development. With certification of the electric motorcycle in place, Revolt Intellicorp can concentrate on their June 2019 launch deadline.
The electric motorcycle that Revolt Intellicorp plans to launch is AI-enabled, LTE-connected, and will have a top speed of 85kmph. The motor and batteries are said to be imported while the Battery Management System and the Electronic Control Unit are built in-house. The motorcycle will also feature a battery swap system.
Revolt Intellicorp is planning to launch three products as part of their launch strategy. They have plans to launch products in multiple segments - personal, institutional, and commercial. Revolt's first electric vehicle is expected to be priced at about Rs 1.2 lakh, but the price would reduce to Rs 95,000 with the benefits under the FAME II scheme. Once launched, Revolt Intellicorp will be up against the Ather 340 and 450, and upcoming motorcycles like Tork Motors' T6X, and the Evoke.
Revolt Intellicorp is working towards 100% localization by the end of 2020. Their plan is to accomplish 75% my June 2019 and achieve the remaining 25% localization by the end of the financial year 2020.
Thoughts About The ARAI Certification
Congratulations to Revolt Intellicorp for achieving this feat! Looks like the government peeps are really serious about the Electric Revolution!