- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Recky, a mobile-based application has been launched in India by CS Santosh - the first Indian to participate in, and successfully complete three Dakar rallies. The Recky mobile app is made for riders to connect with other users in the riding community across the world.
The app lets you record your ride and share it with other riders connected on the platform. Recky is a feature-rich and user-friendly application which is free to use.
Recky lets you take pictures inside the app along your ride. It will automatically drop markers for where you've taken these pictures. The pictures taken will show up once the ride is complete. The app provides the users with vital information along with dark or light-topography and satellite map-views for free.
The app also features an option to explore rides by other users and let you experience those rides with photos posted along the ride. It also provides riders with directions and navigation, making exploring easy.
The Recky app will let you create a user profile with some information about the rides. The user profile displays the distance ridden and the total time spent riding your motorcycle. It also has an option for you to follow a specific user and see their rides. Alternatively, users can also follow you and check out your completed rides as well.
Privacy for the Recky app has been considered with utmost importance. The app does not track the rides until the user opts to record the activity. Once the ride is complete, the user has the option to save the ride for private use.
The app also allows you to share the ride with all the users or only with your followers. If you choose to share your ride with everyone, then your ride will be shown on the 'explore rides' option for others to experience your ride with photos and stats.
Once you choose to explore a ride, the app will provide important information for that specific ride. This includes the distance, top-speed, elevation and travel time.
Recky can also show direction taken on a specific ride. However, this is currently showcased as a list.The app will be updated with turn-by-turn navigation at a later stage.
Taking about the app at the launch event, CS Santosh said, "Our Ride Explorer, displays all public rides and rides from your followers in one map-view, at all times. No need to click and find or search, it's all map-based zooming and panning."
He added, "Pan across to any country and find rides there instantly as riders populate them. We'll soon provide users with the option to create a ride-summary like no other in the world - this will be the most entertaining element for the user and for the user's social media followers."
Did You know
CS Santosh is the first ever Indian to participate in the Dakar rally. He hails from Bangalore and owns a place called "Big Rock Dirtpark" near Kolar, Bangalore. The facility helps off-road enthusiasts learn more about handling a motorcycle in off-road terrain, and also helps them be more comfortable with off-road riding.
Thoughts About The Recky Mobile Application
The app will be helpful for the riding community to share their ride details with others. Recky will cater to the entire motorcycling community right from first time riders to veterans with its ease of use. It will also help riders who are actively looking for locations and rides to explore for free.