- 11 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK Highlights: Rayudu, Du Plessis guide Chennai Super Kings to five wicket-win over Mumbai Indians
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Polarity Smart Bikes, which is a Pune-based start-up, has released teasers for its range of upcoming electric bikes for the Indian market.
The company will be revealing six new electric smart bikes later this month. The company also claims that these will be the first-of-its-kind road-legal EVs (bikes) to come with pedal assistance also.
These electric bikes have been under development since 2017 and promise to be light in weight, which will make them easy to manoeuvre through the city traffic. However, in the teaser images which the company has released shows that the electric bikes (six prototypes) will feature a very futuristic design language.
Polarity has dubbed their Smart Bikes to be India's very first personal mobility vehicle. After the electric bikes are launched, they can be booked by giving a small token amount of Rs 1,001, which is refundable if the buyer changes his/her mind.
Moreover, the electric bikes have been given codenamed - S1K, S2K, S3K, E1K, E2K and E3K. These EVs have been categorized into two sectors in which the S3K and the E3K will be the top-end models in the portfolio.
Powering the Smart Electric Bikes will be an electric motor ranging from 1-3 kW, which will draw power from lithium-ion batteries. Equipped with pedal assistance, the bikes do not need a charging station all the time because as you will pedal the batteries will be charging on the go. The company claims that the bikes will have a range of 80 km and as far as the speed is concerned, the top-end bikes will be capable of achieving a top speed of 100km/h.
The company also says that the compact design of its Smart Bikes makes them easy to load in the lift and park it into their homes. Moreover, there is a custom Polarity stand which allows the bike to be used as a cycling exercise tool indoors. Detailed information on the Polarity Smart Bikes will be available later this month, which will also include the pricing and availability of it.
Thoughts On The Polarity Smart Bikes
Smart electric bikes are the future of mobility and with the Polarity Smart Bikes, the future looks pretty promising and stylish. We will soon be testing the bikes out after they are launched, so till then, stay tuned.