- 6 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Shares A Collage Of Zain & His Own Baby Pic; You Won’t Be Able To Tell Who’s Who!
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Polarity Smart Bikes, which is a Pune-based start-up, has released teasers for its range of upcoming electric bikes for the Indian market.
The company will be revealing six new electric smart bikes later this month. The company also claims that these will be the first-of-its-kind road-legal EVs (bikes) to come with pedal assistance also.
These electric bikes have been under development since 2017 and promise to be light in weight, which will make them easy to manoeuvre through the city traffic. However, in the teaser images which the company has released shows that the electric bikes (six prototypes) will feature a very futuristic design language.
Polarity has dubbed their Smart Bikes to be India's very first personal mobility vehicle. After the electric bikes are launched, they can be booked by giving a small token amount of Rs 1,001, which is refundable if the buyer changes his/her mind.
Moreover, the electric bikes have been given codenamed - S1K, S2K, S3K, E1K, E2K and E3K. These EVs have been categorized into two sectors in which the S3K and the E3K will be the top-end models in the portfolio.
Powering the Smart Electric Bikes will be an electric motor ranging from 1-3 kW, which will draw power from lithium-ion batteries. Equipped with pedal assistance, the bikes do not need a charging station all the time because as you will pedal the batteries will be charging on the go. The company claims that the bikes will have a range of 80 km and as far as the speed is concerned, the top-end bikes will be capable of achieving a top speed of 100km/h.
The company also says that the compact design of its Smart Bikes makes them easy to load in the lift and park it into their homes. Moreover, there is a custom Polarity stand which allows the bike to be used as a cycling exercise tool indoors. Detailed information on the Polarity Smart Bikes will be available later this month, which will also include the pricing and availability of it.
Thoughts On The Polarity Smart Bikes
Smart electric bikes are the future of mobility and with the Polarity Smart Bikes, the future looks pretty promising and stylish. We will soon be testing the bikes out after they are launched, so till then, stay tuned.