- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Polarity has launched a range of electric bikes in the Indian market. The Pune-based company has introduced a range of six electric bikes under two categories: Sports and Executive.
The Sports range consists of S1K, S2K and S3K and is priced between Rs 38,000 to Rs 1.05 lakh. The Executive range of electric bikes, consisting of the E1K, E2K and E3K come with a price range of Rs 40,000 to Rs 1.10 lakh.
The new range of electric bikes by Polarity is aimed towards last-mile connectivity in the city. The bikes are powered an electric motor with pedal assistance as well.
All electric bikes from Polarity will come with a BLDC motor between 1 - 3kW and a lithium-ion battery pack as well. The company will offer a 3-year warranty on the batteries and a 1000 charging cycles.
All the electric bikes from the brand will offer a maximum range of around 80km on a single charge. The E1K, the entry-level electric bike will come with a top speed of 40km/h while the range-topping S3K will be capable of reaching up to 100km/h.
In terms of charging, Polarity will offer the entire range of electric bikes with standard home charging in the form of a 40V 5A unit. However, an 80V 10A fast charger will also be provided as optional.
Pre-bookings for the Polarity electric bikes have already begun with a token amount of Rs 1,001. Deliveries of the new electric bikes are said to start sometime during the first quarter of 2020. Polarity also announced that for the first year, the company has a production capacity of 15,000 units. The first 70,000 customers, booking the electric bikes in Maharashtra will also get the state GST waived off on their Polarity models.
In terms of features, the Polarity electric bike is said to offer a host of equipment. This includes USD forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear, large spoke wheels, knobby tyres, fully-digital instrument console and LED lights. Higher-spec variants will also come with Bluetooth connectivity and GPS navigations systems as well.
Thoughts On The Polarity Electric Bikes Launch In India
The Polarity electric bikes are a first of its kind in the Indian market. They offer the convenience of a cycle with pedal assistance, yet the ease of riding an electric vehicle. Meant for last-mile connectivity, it will be interesting to see how the electric bikes fare in the market.