TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- EC Bars Eros Now From Streaming PM Modi Web Series
- IPL: RR Vs MI — Live Updates
- Renault HBC Compact SUV To Be Launched In 2020
- Abhishek-Aishwarya Get Romantic In Maldives!
- How To Download Assassin's Creed Unity Game For Free On Your PC
- Business Sentiment Continue To Decline For Q2 2019: D&B Report
- Natural Remedies to Improve Memory
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Okinawa has launched their new and premium electric scooter, the i-Praise, in India at Rs 1.15 lakh ex-showroom (India). The new Okinawa i-Praise is titled as 'The Intelligent Scooter', thanks to its class-leading levels of equipment.
One of the main highlights of the new Okinawa i-Praise is its detachable lithium-ion battery which requires just a 5A power socket to be recharged. This ensures that the scooter can be charged even at locations with limited electrical infrastructure. This charging convenience can be compared to that of a smartphone.
The new i-Praise requires a reasonable time of under three hours, to get its battery fully charged. With a claimed range of 160-180km, the Okinawa i-Praise impresses a lot. It weighs around 30-40% lesser than most other electric scooters out there. In short, the new Okinawa i-Praise is a brilliant choice to make in the country's race towards attaining electric mobility.
As mentioned before, the Okinawa i-Praise ticks a lot of boxes in terms of equipment. Here are some of the features accessible through the Okinawa Eco app:
- Geo-Fencing - Sets a virtual parameter (within 10-50m) and alerts the user whenever the scooter is moved beyond the boundary.
- Virtual Speed Limit - Notifies the owner of the i-Praise whenever he/she (or someone else) rides it above a set speed threshold.
- Curfew Hours - Helps set 'no ride hours' for individuals who work late-night.
- Battery Health Tracker
- SOS Notifications - Users can notify some saved contacts on the Okinawa Eco app during a distress situation
- Continuous Monitoring - Collects real-time riding data (hard acceleration, sharp turning, speeding, etc.) and provides feedback to the rider.
- Trips - Shows all the trips done on the scooter on a particular date, using GPS.
- Maintenance/Insurance Reminder
- Vehicle Status - Shows important information such as ignition status, battery voltage, current and average speeds; and immobilisation mode status.
Speaking at the launch event, Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director of Okinawa Scooters shared, "The team at Okinawa has pulled out all the stops to create a truly revolutionary product with i-Praise and we are delighted to see the incredible response that the EV has received even in its pre-launch phase. It is also a proud moment for us that an elite, forward-looking organization such as the Indian Navy has become the first customer for i-Praise. This not only demonstrates the strength of our product, but also encourages us to continue with our vision to innovate and transform the Indian automobile market."
Thoughts On The New Okinawa i-Praise
Okinawa Scooters is one of the fastest growing electric two-wheeler brands in India and the i-Praise will surely maintain this pace. Within the pre-launch phase itself, the Okinawa i-Praise managed to acquire 450 bookings.
What do you think of the new Okinawa i-Praise? Let us know in the comment section below.