- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Okinawa Scooters is looking to increase the production of its electric scooters in the Indian market. The electric scooter manufacturer is looking to increase investment by Rs 200 crore in India to ramp up production volume in the country.
According to ET Auto, Okinawa electric scooters currently sells around 40,000 units every year. However, the company is looking to increase these numbers to around 75,000 to 1 lakh by the end of FY20.
Okinawa Scooters was founded in 2015 and has invested around Rs 90 crore till date. With the new investment of Rs 200 crore, the company plans to open up a new facility in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan.
This new facility will have a total production capacity of one million introduced in a phase-wise manner. Currently, their facility produces 1,80,000 units split between two-shifts.
Apart from the introduction of the new facility, Okinawa will also increase its sales and service dealerships across the country. The company currently has 350 dealerships in over 200 cities in India; this number is expected to rise to 450 dealerships by 2020.
Okinawa recently launched its latest electric scooter in the Indian market, the PraisePro. The new electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 71,990.
The Okinawa PraisePro electric scooter comes with a host of features. This includes central locking, anti-theft alarm, keyless start, digital instrument cluster, reverse motion function, find-my-scooter and mobile-charging USB port as well.
The Okinawa PraisePro is powered by a 2kWh lithium-ion battery mated to a 1kW BLDC motor. It produces a peak power output of 2kW and offers a top speed of 70km/h. The battery, on the other hand, offers a maximum range of 110km and takes roughly 3 to 4 hours to charge up completely.
The Indian government recently reduced the GST rates on electric vehicles from 12% to 5%. Okinawa is said to take advantage of this GST rate cut by pushing for more electric products in the market, including new products as well.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Electric Scooter Production Ramp-Up
Okinawa scooters are aiming to aggressively push towards EV in the Indian market. With more investment likely to come in the future, the company is working aggressively to make its presence felt in the Indian electric scooter segment.