- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
The images reveal the specs and features of the upcoming Apache RTR 200 4V. The revised Apache RTR 200 4V will feature TVS SmartX Connect technology which pairs the bike to the rider's smartphone through an app. The upcoming 2020 Apache RTR 200 4V, will be the third model from the company's line-up to feature smartphone connectivity after the NTorq 125 and the Jupiter Grande.
The smartphone connected mobile application will enable the bike to feature, turn-by-turn navigation, caller ID, SMS notification, last parked location and ride statistics. Other features will include battery and network indicator on the speedometer, while the phone is connected to the bike and auto reply to the SMS received for safe-keeping of the rider.
The 2020 Apache RTR 200 4V will also be equipped with ride statistics like lean angle, G-force, gear distribution and Tour Mode. We believe TVS might also equip the upcoming Apache RTR 200 4V with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), which is needed for measuring the lean-angles and G-force achieved on the bike while riding.
However, the IMU would be a basic and cost effective unit and will not be linked to braking unit or the engine for advanced functionality. The IMU unit used, will only measure and send the data to the smartphone.
The smartphone application also has an option of the ‘Tour Mode'. This mode will provide the average speed, distance covered, time taken to cover the distance and more. The gear distribution feature will read the data of how the rider is shifting gears. Analyzing the gear shifting data will help the rider to fine tune the gear shifts and ride better.
The next-gen Apache RTR 200 4V will feature an updated BS-VI compliant version of the same 197.75cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 20.2bhp and 18.2Nm of torque. The engine features an oil intercooler as well.
The power is sent to the rear wheels using a 5-speed transmission with slipper-assist clutch, making for smoother shifts. The suspension duties on the bike are handled by telescopic forks on the front, and KYB-tuned monoshocks at the rear. The bike features petal disc brakes at both ends with the dual-channel ABS as standard.
We expect the upcoming Apache RTR 200 4V to have a slight increase in the pricing with all the new upgrades featured on the bike. The revised Apache RTR 200 4V when launched will rival against the Bajaj 200NS, which is also scheduled for a BS-VI engine upgrade. The bike is expected to get showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, with a launch scheduled soon after.
Thoughts About The 2020 Apache RTR 200 4V
The Apache model line-up is receiving constant updates from the company. However, the new Apache RTR 200 4V will receive a major overhaul with a new engine and tech, making it very desirable to buyers looking for a 200cc motorcycle. TVS have done it in the past to give their motorcycles an edge over the competition by featuring segment first, lap timers etc, on the bike. They are looking to repeat the process with the upcoming bike to have an advantage over its rivals.