- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News 48-year-old woman kills daughter-in-law, surrenders before police
- Finance Rupee Opens Strong At 70.75
- Movies Hrithik Roshan attends U2’s Mumbai concert along with Sussanne Khan and kids
- Technology 5 Ways To Put Old RAM Modules To Use
- Sports De Laurentiis dismisses Ibrahimovic rumours as Napoli 'start from scratch' under Gattuso
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Suzuki Motorcycles is said to be working on updating its recently launched Gixxer 250 twins in the Indian market. The Japanese bike manufacturer will soon be updating the Gixxer 250 and Gixxer SF 250 models to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, a new document has been leaked online by IAB, showcasing the engine specifications of the updated Gixxer 250 twins for the Indian market.
According to the leaked document, the Suzuki Gixxer 250 and SF 250 will come powered by a BS-VI compliant 249cc single-cylinder engine. It produces the 25.7bhp at 9000rpm, this is a reduction of 1bhp from the BS-IV engine on the current models on sale in the Indian market. Both motorcycles will carry forward the same six-speed gearbox as standard.
Apart from the updated engine, no other changes are expected to feature on the upcoming motorcycle. The two motorcycles will continue to feature the same design, features and equipment as on the current generation model.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is a naked Streetfighter while the SF 250 is a faired version of the motorcycle. Both motorcycles offer a host of features including LED headlamps, LED taillights, LCD digital instrument cluster and a host of other features.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 and SF250 come with telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by a dual-channel ABS system as standard.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 is priced at Rs 1.09 lakh while the Gixxer SF 250 is priced slightly higher at Rs 1.70 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The new updated models once launched in the Indian market is expected to be priced slightly higher than the current models.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Specs
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 and SF 250 were launched recently in the Indian market. The two motorcycles are the first quarter-litre motorcycle offerings from the Japanese brand in the Indian market. The two motorcycles rival the likes of the KTM Duke 250, Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and the TVS Apache RR310 in the Indian market.