- 14 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies 'Kudukku Pottiya' Emerges As A Huge Hit; Turns Out To Be The Next Jimikki Kammal Of Mollywood!
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Technology Xiaomi Announces Mi Band 4 Next Sale Date: Price And Specifications
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird X was spotted testing with accessories in India recently. The test mule was equipped with a couple of accessories and we expect the bike to arrive with a BS-VI compliant engine.
Spy images from Rushlane reveal, a new transparent windscreen, a blacked out crash guard, a saddle stay and handlebar end weights both finished in chrome. We expect these accessories to be offered by the company as an add-on to the stock bike.
The new thunderbird X will also feature revised design. The new motorcycle features a single-pod instrument cluster finished in chrome. The new instrument cluster is a combination of analog and digital display housed together with the display placed in the middle.
The revised version of the motorcycle also looks apart from the current-generation with its retro-bobber style looks. The rear fender sits lower with the low-mounted turn indicators adding to the bobber looks.
Royal Enfield is working on completely overhauling its 350cc and 500 cc family of motorcycles, and is migrating them to the all-new J modular architecture. The new Royal Enfield Thunderbird line-up belongs to this family and will receive the new powertrain. The changes are not limited to cosmetic but will receive mechanical changes, too, including a BS-VI compliant engine.
The motorcycle appears to be running with a different power transmission setup. The disc rotor and the sprocket have exchanged places to make way for left side chain setup. We expect the new Thunderbird to feature electronic fuel injection system making for smooth and efficient power delivery.
The company could also take this opportunity to churn out more power from the new powertrain, with longer service intervals. The current-generation 350x model features a single-cylinder 346cc engine producing 19.8bhp and 28Nm of torque.
Similarly, the 500x model features 499cc single-cylinder engine producing 27.2bhp and 41.3Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed transmission.
The new revisions in design and powertrain will make the motorcycle more appealing to the Royal Enfield fanbase. With the current automotive slowdown this will be a welcome addition to the company's exhaustive line-up of motorcycles.
Thoughts About The New Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X Accessories
Thunderbird has gained acceptance in past with its relaxed riding posture. The new design changes will further help the bike to grow its customer base. If the company managed to churn out more power, it will be a fitting rival to the Jawa twins.