- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Royal Enfield is said to be working on a new range of lightweight motorcycles for the Indian market. The new range of lightweight motorcycles from the brand is said to target first-time and women riders in the Indian market.
According to ET Auto, the new range of motorcycles from the brand will have a significant difference in weight compared to the current Classic, Bullet and Thunderbird models on sale in India.
Reports also suggest that the new range of bikes has been internally codenamed ‘J1C' and is expected to be sold under a new Explorer sub-brand.
The decision to offer lightweight motorcycles from the brand comes after having received a lot of feedback from women and young riders.
Royal Enfield hopes that the new lightweight motorcycle range will offer them more opportunities to attract women riders and first-time bikers in the country; especially in certain states like Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala & Chandigarh.
The new range of lightweight ‘Explorer' range from Royal Enfield is expected to go on sale from the first quarter of 2020. The motorcycles have been spied testing on multiple occasions as well.
Apart from the new lightweight range of motorcycles, Royal Enfield is also working on introducing BS6 updates to its current lineup of offerings in the country. Royal Enfield will start introducing BS6-compliant bikes in India from early-2020.
Many products such as the next-generation Thunderbird has also been spotted testing in the Indian market. The new Thunderbird will come with a BS6-compliant engine, along with a number of other updates in terms of design and features.
A spokesperson from Royal Enfield told ET Auto, "While we cannot comment about future product line-ups, we can confirm that at Royal Enfield, we assign huge focus on keeping our motorcycles accessible and approachable to all, in an endeavour to bring more people to experience pure leisure motorcycling."
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Lightweight Motorcycle Range For India
Royal Enfield motorcycles till now have always been known to weigh roughly 200kg. This makes it a heavy motorcycle, compared to most of its rivals in the segment. However, the decision to introduce a new range of lightweight and accessible offerings will definitely a great move from the Chennai-based brand.