- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Royal Enfield is said to be working on a brand new motorcycle for the Indian market. The new motorcycle from the brand will come in the form of a 250cc offering. The new Royal Enfield 250cc motorcycle is currently in its initial planning stages and will take a while to be introduced in the market.
According to Economic Times, the new 250cc motorcycle offering from Royal Enfield is being developed in a bid to slow down the reducing volume sales and market share of the brand in the Indian market.
Royal Enfield hopes that the new 250cc product will help the brand cater to a larger customer base, while also making their products more affordable in the market. The market share and volume sales of the company has been on a downhill slope for a while now.
The increasing prices over the last couple of years, due to the mandatory safety update and the upcoming emission norms has slowed down sales for Royal Enfield in India. This along with the increasing number of competition in the market, has added to the reduction in sales for the brand.
The company sales has been on a decline since the start of the year. This is the first time in almost a decade, that Royal Enfield is facing a decline in sales in the Indian market. The report also states that many industry experts believe that there is a brand fatigue setting in, especially in the country.
Royal Enfield currently offers motorcycles starting from the 350cc segment with the Classic, Bullet and the Thunderbird products. These models are extremely popular in the market, yet the company feels it doesn't bring in the expected volume of sales.
Apart from the 350cc segment, Royal Enfield recently entered the 650cc segment with the Interceptor and the Continental GT offerings, which have helped improve the sales figures for the brand in India. Priced at around Rs 2.5 lakh, ex-showroom; both the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are among the most affordable motorcycles in the segment.
Thoughts On The New Royal Enfield 250cc Motorcycle
The new 250cc motorcycle from Royal Enfield is expected to be introduced in the Indian market sometime in the following year. However, the product is in its very early planning stages, with no official statement yet. Currently, Royal Enfield is working on updating its current products for the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.