- 3 min ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.20 Crore
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Launches The Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV In India: Prices Start At Rs 8.4 Lakh
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 6: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab: Dream11 tips, Playing XI, Form guide, Match details
- News Bharat biotech partners with US university for Covid intranasal vaccine
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Ex-Contestant Karate Kalyani Alleges That Makers Deliberately Eliminated Her
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
- Finance 5 Best ETFs Basis Past Performance
- Technology Reliance Might Bring 200 Million Devices In Next Two Years Under Rs. 4,000
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Kunal Rawal’s Wow-Worthy Latest Collection Is What Discerning Men Needs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Royal Enfield is said to be working on a brand new motorcycle for the Indian market. The new motorcycle from the brand will come in the form of a 250cc offering. The new Royal Enfield 250cc motorcycle is currently in its initial planning stages and will take a while to be introduced in the market.
According to Economic Times, the new 250cc motorcycle offering from Royal Enfield is being developed in a bid to slow down the reducing volume sales and market share of the brand in the Indian market.
Royal Enfield hopes that the new 250cc product will help the brand cater to a larger customer base, while also making their products more affordable in the market. The market share and volume sales of the company has been on a downhill slope for a while now.
The increasing prices over the last couple of years, due to the mandatory safety update and the upcoming emission norms has slowed down sales for Royal Enfield in India. This along with the increasing number of competition in the market, has added to the reduction in sales for the brand.
The company sales has been on a decline since the start of the year. This is the first time in almost a decade, that Royal Enfield is facing a decline in sales in the Indian market. The report also states that many industry experts believe that there is a brand fatigue setting in, especially in the country.
Royal Enfield currently offers motorcycles starting from the 350cc segment with the Classic, Bullet and the Thunderbird products. These models are extremely popular in the market, yet the company feels it doesn't bring in the expected volume of sales.
Apart from the 350cc segment, Royal Enfield recently entered the 650cc segment with the Interceptor and the Continental GT offerings, which have helped improve the sales figures for the brand in India. Priced at around Rs 2.5 lakh, ex-showroom; both the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 are among the most affordable motorcycles in the segment.
Thoughts On The New Royal Enfield 250cc Motorcycle
The new 250cc motorcycle from Royal Enfield is expected to be introduced in the Indian market sometime in the following year. However, the product is in its very early planning stages, with no official statement yet. Currently, Royal Enfield is working on updating its current products for the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.