- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycles India has launched the 2019 Africa Twin in India. The new 2019 Adventure-tourer is offered with a price tag of Rs 13.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the new (2019) Honda Africa twin is now open, for the first 50 customers only.
The new Honda Africa Twin will be sold exclusively through the brand's 22 'Wing World' outlets in the country. With bookings open for the first 50 customers on a first come, first serve basis.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd, stated:
"Since its Indian debut in 2017, the mighty Africa Twin has always seen high demand. The adventure seekers in India experienced the revolutionary DCT for the first time & were highly impressed with its unmatched performance. The 2019 Africa Twin takes the 'go anywhere' spirit one step ahead with its fresh new appearance. The proud Africa Twin tribe is growing and we are ready to welcome enthusiasts to the tribe."
The new Honda Africa Twin is now offered in a brand new paint scheme as well - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. Along with the new paint scheme, the 2019 Africa Twin also comes with Golden handlebars and wheel rims.
Honda has also equipped the new Africa Twin with a host of features and tech equipments. This includes Incline Detection, Honda Selectable Torque Control and Throttle-by-Wire. The new Africa Twin also comes with three-levels of power an engine-braking; as well as four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel & User.
The 2019 Honda Africa Twin is powered by a 999.1cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine producing 87.7bhp at 7,500rpm and 93.1Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. It is further mated to a second-generation DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) gearbox.
The new 2019 version of the Adventure-tourer comes with Showa cartridge-type inverted front forks with pre-load adjustability on both wheels. The suspension can also be made either softer or stiffer, to aid better off-road capabilities. The ADV-tourer rides on 21-inch front wheels and 18-inch rear wheels and comes with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda Africa Twin
The Honda Africa Twin has been one of the most popular ADV-offerings in the country, mainly due to its hassle-free DCT gearbox. In India, the Honda Africa Twin rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 1000, Suzuki V-Strom 1000 and the Ducati Multistrada 950.