- 19 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 22 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- News Rain in Delhi brings relief from scorching heat
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- Technology How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda Motorcycles India has launched the 2019 Africa Twin in India. The new 2019 Adventure-tourer is offered with a price tag of Rs 13.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the new (2019) Honda Africa twin is now open, for the first 50 customers only.
The new Honda Africa Twin will be sold exclusively through the brand's 22 'Wing World' outlets in the country. With bookings open for the first 50 customers on a first come, first serve basis.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd, stated:
"Since its Indian debut in 2017, the mighty Africa Twin has always seen high demand. The adventure seekers in India experienced the revolutionary DCT for the first time & were highly impressed with its unmatched performance. The 2019 Africa Twin takes the 'go anywhere' spirit one step ahead with its fresh new appearance. The proud Africa Twin tribe is growing and we are ready to welcome enthusiasts to the tribe."
The new Honda Africa Twin is now offered in a brand new paint scheme as well - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. Along with the new paint scheme, the 2019 Africa Twin also comes with Golden handlebars and wheel rims.
Honda has also equipped the new Africa Twin with a host of features and tech equipments. This includes Incline Detection, Honda Selectable Torque Control and Throttle-by-Wire. The new Africa Twin also comes with three-levels of power an engine-braking; as well as four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel & User.
The 2019 Honda Africa Twin is powered by a 999.1cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine producing 87.7bhp at 7,500rpm and 93.1Nm of torque at 6,000rpm. It is further mated to a second-generation DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) gearbox.
The new 2019 version of the Adventure-tourer comes with Showa cartridge-type inverted front forks with pre-load adjustability on both wheels. The suspension can also be made either softer or stiffer, to aid better off-road capabilities. The ADV-tourer rides on 21-inch front wheels and 18-inch rear wheels and comes with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda Africa Twin
The Honda Africa Twin has been one of the most popular ADV-offerings in the country, mainly due to its hassle-free DCT gearbox. In India, the Honda Africa Twin rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 1000, Suzuki V-Strom 1000 and the Ducati Multistrada 950.