- 1 hr ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 4 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 4 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 6 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Rajasthan BJP chief Madan Lal Saini passes away at 75 in Delhi's AIIMS
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Andre Russell ruled out for the rest of the tournament due to injury
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) is planning to introduce a new Activa model in the market soon. The new Honda Activa will come with a fuel-injection system and will be compliant with the upcoming emission norms.
The new Honda Activa FI will also have better fuel efficiency figures once Introduced in 2020. According to Rushlane, the new Activa scooter will be 10 per cent more fuel efficient than the current model, which already claims a mileage of 60km/l.
Note: Image used for representational purposes only
Apart from the increase in mileage figures, the new fuel-injection system will also improve the flow of fuel to the engine, reducing emission levels as well. This will further allow HMSI to make the Activa scooter compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The Honda Activa is the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter has been on sale in India for a long time and has gone through a number of updates over the years. Currently, in its fifth-generation iteration, the Honda Activa is powered by a 110cc HET air-cooled engine producing 8bhp and 9Nm of torque.
The Honda Activa is available in two additional variants, apart from the standard — Activa i and Activa 125. The Honda Activa i uses the same 110cc engine as on the standard, however, offers a completely different design and is focussed towards women. The Honda Activa 125, on the other hand, offers a bigger 125cc engine with slight design changes compared to the standard.
The standard Honda Activa though is the most popular variant among them. It offers a number of features and equipment, such as LED headlights and position lamps, digital-analogue instrument cluster, 18-litres under seat storage capacity, USB charging port and chrome accents all around.
The Honda Activa uses a spring-loaded hydraulic suspension setup at both ends. Braking is handled by standard 130mm drum brakes at the front and rear with CBS (combi-braking system).
Thoughts On The New Honda Activa 2020 India Launch
The Honda Activa has been one of the most popular scooters in the Indian market, ever since its first launch almost two decades back. The new Activa once launched in India will be priced at a slight premium compared to the current model. It will also continue to rival the likes of the Yamaha Fascino and the TVS Jupiter in the 110cc scooter segment.