- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- News SAARC countries should take steps to defeat terrorism, forces supporting it: PM Modi
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Hyderabad FC vs FC Goa: Goa back to winning ways
- Movies NBK 106: Keerthy Suresh To Romance Balakrishna?
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Yamaha Motors is all set to introduce the updated BS-VI versions of its motorcycles in the Indian market. The company had previously announced that they will start bringing in BS-VI updates in India from November 2019.
Ahead of this, the engine specs of the upcoming BS-VI compliant Yamaha FZ and FZ-S motorcycles have been leaked by IAB. The document showcases the engine specifications of the upcoming BS-VI compliant Yamaha FZ and FZ-S models for the Indian market.
As seen from the leaked document, both motorcycles will carry forward the same 149cc single-cylinder BS-VI engine, which now produces 12.1bhp at 7,250rpm. This is 1bhp lower than the power output of the current BS-IV engine on both motorcycles. This will continue to be paired with a five-speed gearbox as standard.
The leaked document doesn't showcase the torque output of the two motorcycles, however, we expect it to remain unchanged from the current engine. Apart from the new engine specifications, no other changes are expected from the two motorcycles.
The leaked document also confirms that both motorcycles will carry forward the same overall dimensions, without any changes. This translates to a length of 1990mm, a width of 780mm and height of 1080mm. The two motorcycles will also feature the same wheelbase of 1330mm as well.
The two motorcycles will also retain all its features, offered on the current model. This includes LED headlamps, negative LCD instrument console and a single-piece split-seat set up. The Yamaha FZ-S further comes with chrome highlights and additional body panels as well.
The BS-VI compliant Yamaha FZ and FZ-S will further carry forward the same mechanicals from the current models as well. This includes telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
Braking is handled by discs at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard. The BS6 Yamaha FZ and FZ-S will also receive the same tyre profiles, which include 17-inch wheels with 100/80 and 140/60 units at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The BS-VI Compliant Yamaha FZ & FZ-S Motorcycles
The BS6-compliant Yamaha FZ and FZ-S motorcycles are expected to receive only an updated engine, while everything else remains unchanged. The new BS-VI compliant motorcycles are said to go on sale in India sometime by end-2019 and will receive a marginal price hike over the current model.
The two motorcycles will continue to rival the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 160NS, KTM Duke 125, Suzuki Gixxer 155 and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V in the Indian market.